The Prevention and Wellness Trust Fund helps support community based partnerships like municipalities, healthcare systems, businesses, regional planning organizations, and schools. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has allocated funding to nine local grantee partnerships which focus on four priority health conditions: pediatric asthma, hypertension, tobacco use, and falls in older adults.
Funding for this important program will expire on June 30th, 2017 unless reauthorized.
Thank you to everyone who attended our March 1st kickoff event!
Sign up to receive the most up to date alerts from MPHA! Click here to subscribe to our action alert mailing list.
The Facts (click links below):
Town and City Fact Sheets:
- Barnstable PWTF Fact Sheet
- Berkshires PWTF Fact Sheet
- Boston PWTF Fact Sheet
- Holyoke PWTF Fact Sheet
- Lynn PWTF Fact Sheet
- Metrowest PWTF Fact Sheet
- New Bedford PWTF
- Quincy/ Weymouth PWTF Fact Sheet
- Worcester PWTF Fact Sheet
PWTF in the News
- Asthma Grant Helps Lynn School Nurses Clear the Air (Item Live, 8/7/16)
- Media coverage of PWTF informational hearing (State House News, 6/14/16)
- PWTF Improving Health For Lynn Residents (Lynn Journal, 11/19/2015)
Op-Eds and Editorials:
- MA highlighted as national leader for prevention & wellness funds (Prevention Institute, 2/2015)
- PWTF: An Innovative Approach to Prevention as a Component of Health Care Reform (Northeastern University)
- Health Leaders Review Successes covered by Wellness Fund (NewBostonPost, 6/14/2016)