Title: Assistant Director of Local Public Health Workforce Development
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Summary of Position
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, and dedicated professional to join the Workforce Development Unit within the Office of Local and Regional Health (OLRH). The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, adept at managing competing priorities, and has experience working with learning management platforms.
Reporting to the OLRH Director of Local & Regional Health Workforce Development, this position assists and supports all aspects of planning, developing, implementation, and evaluation of workforce development initiatives and data reporting. This is a key position working towards creating a robust training and career development infrastructure that increases the pipeline, promotes successful recruitment and retention, provides competency training to enable LPH workforce to meet established performance standards, and demonstrates the value of careers in local public health through data and other engagements.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A passion for workforce development, learning management systems and systems change,
- experience working in or with local health departments,
- at least 5 years of experience in business/public administration/management,
- a high level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications,
- a deep understanding of racial and health equity and the social determinants of health, and
- a commitment to promoting a culture of equity, diversity, collaboration and inclusion in all aspects of their work
To see the complete job posting and to apply, click here.