Title: Community Project Coordinator – Youth Mental Health Coalition
Organization: Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts
Summary of Position
The Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts (PHIWM)’s Community Project Coordinator (listed on the Baystate Health website as “Community Project Coordinator” provides coordination and communications for the Youth Mental Health Coalition (YMHC).
- Work with partner agencies to implement the Beat the Odds youth peer mentoring framework including participating in weekly BTO meetings
- Support YMHC coalition outreach and communications including drafting and sending email newsletters, drafting and posting social media announcements, updating the YMHC website; participating in outreach events and tracking communications metrics
- Assist in scheduling professional development and community trainings based on the YMHC mental health trainings listings; assist in collecting and compiling training evaluations
- Support the implementation of the DPH Office of Problem Gambling training of trainers program for its public health approach to problem gambling for youth training, including participation in the training program; scheduling and supporting training and recruiting youth to participate.
- Participate in other trainings required by the PHIWM and or the YMHC funders
- Support planning and implementation of YMHC events including youth summit and other activities.
- Participate in PHIWM team meetings and support for other projects as needed.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Youth Mental Health Coalition Manager and project team in administrative tasks, outreach and engagement, communications including newsletters and social media, training and meeting facilitation, survey collection and communications tracking activities.
The Project Coordinator will have strong interpersonal and coordination skills, knowledge of community resources, will be comfortable with facilitation and public speaking, have knowledge of research and evaluation, and be grounded in the Springfield community. Project Coordinator will work with Manager on administration, convening and training, outreach and engagement, as well as communications and social media
- Experience at service agencies or community-based programs.
- Experience in environmental health, population health and behavior, and/or youth development, and/or health education programs. • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration or related area or years of experience in these types of sectors
- Prefer bilingual Spanish.
Thinking about the job, but not sure you should apply?
We still want to hear from you, please call 413-794-7739. We recognize that not everyone enters the world of work with the same advantage, opportunity, and privilege. That is why your skills and experiences are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just might be the person we are looking for! We will provide training as needed for new staff.
This position is hybrid remote, and the salary range is $54,000-60,000 depending on experience.
Candidates for PHIWM’s Community Project Coordinator should apply through Baystate Health’s job portal: https://baystatehealthjobs.com/job/community-project-coordinator-youth-mental-health-r24495/
If you have questions, please call 413-794-7739.