Title: Health Agent
Organization: Franklin Regional Council of Governments
Summary of Position
The Cooperative Public Health Service, a health district based at the Franklin Regional Council of Governments, in Greenfield, MA is seeking a full time Health Agent. Our innovative district helps to protect the health of 20,000 people in 15 rural towns, 12 of which are served by the Health Agents. Our new Health Agent will join a team of two public health nurses, a community health educator, and two other agents. This job is challenging and interesting, and involves working across our rural region with a wide variety of people as a resource person, educator, and code enforcement officer. The job responsibilities include:
- Housing inspection and Housing Code enforcement
- Seasonal and annual food inspection and permitting
- Witnessing perc tests and septic system inspections to ensure compliance with state codes, and review and permitting of septic systems
- Recreational camp, campground, and short term lodging and inspection and permitting
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant public health and sanitary codes and regulations
- Bachelors degree or Registered Sanitarian and minimum of 2 years experience in public health or working directly with people of various backgrounds. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Certifications required for this work include: Septic System Inspector, Soil Inspector, Lead Determinator, Pool Operator, Food Protection Manager. These can be learned on the job.
- A strong work ethic and ability to keep a flexible schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to explain difficult concepts to people, demonstrated interest in protecting and promoting public health.
- Interstate’s in rural life and culture.
Salary negotiable based on previous experience and certifications held already. Pay scale begins at $30/hour. Full time, full benefits. Drivers license and reliable transportation required.
Send resume and covert letter by 12/9 to CPHS Search 12 Olive St, Suite 2, Greenfield, MA or firstname.lastname@example.org.