Title: Program Coordinator – Western Massachusetts
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Office of Problem Gambling Services
Summary of Position
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) is seeking to hire a Regional Coordinator to provide program oversight, assistance, and support to OPGS-funded organizations to address the harms associated with gambling, to deliver improvements in population health, and to tackle health inequity. Prior experience implementing equity-driven community engagement planning and programming is preferred. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced program coordinator who thrives in a rapidly growing and highly collaborative environment.
Utilizing best practices and a health and racial equity lens, coupled with a community-centered approach, the Regional Coordinator supports DPH-funded community-based organizations in the development and enhancement of community programs, the development and deployment of resources, as well as assisting with organizational infrastructure and capacity building. Further, the Regional Coordinator will apply the Office’s community-driven approach to build strong relationships with community partners that will enhance and inform programming and DPH’s public health response to gambling.
Essentials for Success
- Expertise, commitment and ability to work with community-based organizations across Western Massachusetts to address and anticipate emerging needs and challenges
- Representative and authentic community connections with a knowledge of community resources
- Commitment and ability to apply a racial and health equity lens to inform all aspects of programming
- Maintains regular contact with regional sites to assess barriers, needs and progress towards achieving program goals.
- Aptitude for working in a fast-paced environment that has a high level of scrutiny
To Apply: To see the complete job posting and to apply, click here.