Title: Health Data Grants and Administrative Coordinator
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Department: Office of Statistics and Evaluation
Summary of Position
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH), Bureau of Community Health & Prevention (BCHAP) is seeking two dynamic self-motivated individuals to fill the role of Program Coordinators for the Office of Statistics and Evaluation (OSE). One selected candidate will provide program support for work related to overdose data surveillance. The other candidate will provide program support to the COVID-19 Community Impact Survey (CCIS). These persons should have excellent project management skills and a passion for addressing health equity in Massachusetts.
The program coordinators will collaborate with staff across many bureaus and offices at DPH and will work closely with principal investigators to ensure timely reporting of grant deliverables and facilitate collaboration across funded projects. With oversight from the Program Supervisor, the Coordinator will also provide procurement and contract oversight, track project activities and workplans, and convene meetings with a variety of stakeholders. These positions are essential in moving forward the work of drug overdose surveillance and the COVID-19 Community Impact Survey and using these data to address health inequities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support, monitor grant deliverables, grant writing coordination, oversee data requests and data reporting, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders and data partners.
- Ensure administrative tasks associated with grant accounting, contracts, and budgets adhere to DPH, state, and federal standards and requirements.
- Coordinate, schedule, facilitate and develop agendas for program meetings as well as take and distribute meeting minutes and applicable general information.
- Support and provide coordination for relevant departmental and external committees, task forces and advisory groups.
- Collaborate in the development of project policies, protocols, and procedures to ensure compliance with reporting timelines and deliverables.
- Track and log the fulfillment of data requests including the approval, posting and dissemination of data bulletins and reports.
- Maintain project IRB, legal documentation, and data usage agreements.
- Assist with the collection, analysis and cleaning of data including the creation and formatting of data dissemination products as well as forwarding data and technical assistance requests to appropriate staff and provide follow up to such requests.
- Implement procedures and guidelines to accomplish program goals and objectives, support periodic review of data usage agreements, conduct literature searches and summarize findings.
- Oversee staff onboarding, and prepare travel authorization forms, vacancy announcements, and hiring packets.
- Contributing to the coordination and design of potential future large-scale community-based surveys, including future iterations of the CCIS.
- Leads with racial equity by implementing a racial equity framework for all duties and responsibilities, understanding root causes of health inequities, namely the role of structural racism and other systemic drivers on health, and integrating racial equity into daily work.
- Ability to write concisely, to express thoughts clearly and to develop ideas in logical sequence.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, strategic planning or other priority setting processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression.
- Ability to adjust to varying or changing situations to meet emergency or changing program requirements.
- Background knowledge of data surveillance methods, preferably related to surveys, overdoses and/or injuries.
- Understanding of issues related to the creation, maintenance and utilization of data surveillance systems.
- Experience in grant management and working as a fiscal or contracts administrator in public health or a related field.
- Experience in contract management (drafting of engagements, invoicing, scope drafting, etc.).
- Experience with coordinating, facilitating, scheduling, developing agendas, and recording and distributing minutes for meetings
- Solid written communication skills, including drafting concise, detailed reports, charts, graphs, and tables and provide training to staff on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise superior judgment with the ability to oversee highly sensitive and confidential information; prioritize and adjust work assignments to meet changing situations, emergencies, demands and changing program requirements.
- Ability to establish rapport and work effectively with co-workers and all stakeholders including the capacity to understand, explain, and apply applicable laws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines.
- Record of utilizing analytical and critical thinking skills in order to inquire information, through questioning individuals, arrive at fact-based conclusions and explain policy language effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
To view the full job posting and to apply, click here.