Title: Youth and Reproductive Health Epidemiologist
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Department: Office of Statistics and Evaluation
Summary of Position
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is seeking a dedicated and experienced Epidemiologist with a passion for advancing public health and improving the lives of individuals across the Commonwealth.
This dynamic and fast-paced position will provide exemplary supervision and mentorship to team members, while also providing leadership and guidance to integrate a positive child/adolescent health equity lens throughout initiatives and communications.
The incumbent coordinates and oversees all evaluation, surveillance, research, and data analysis. These data are fundamental to informing strategic planning, coordinating communication and contributing to cross-departmental initiatives related to child, adolescent, and reproductive health.
Essential to this position is an understanding of health and racial equity frameworks and how they are used and embedded in reporting and communications. In addition, our ideal candidate has knowledge of sexual/reproductive health, positive youth development, and/or comprehensive school-based health services.
- Exceptional project management, leadership, communication, strategic planning, and interpersonal skills, including:
- Six to 10 years experience in epidemiology, public health, or related field.
- At least 4 years managing and supervising staff and teams.
- Capacity to manage databases, construct data files, conduct and support data entry, and perform data edits/cleaning as needed.
- Exceptional communications skills to both articulate, develop and present data and recommendations to a variety of audiences.
To Apply: To view the full job posting and to apply, click here.
Please note that preference is given to applications received within the first 14 days of posting; please consider applying by Monday, 03/21/2022,