Title: VP of Health Center Operations
Organization: Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
Summary of Position
The VP of Health Center Operations (VPHCO) will direct and manage the daily operation of PPLM’s health centers, providing leadership and assuring a focus on patient satisfaction and efficiency. The VPHCO will work collaboratively with the Medical Director and health center leadership to assure that all services conform to professional standards, PPFA protocols and accreditation, PPLM quality standards, and are consistent with all regulatory requirements and monitoring agencies. The VPHCO is accountable for health center operational outcomes and achievement of healthcare related strategic goals, including patient satisfaction, patient access, and revenue-cycle goals. This position also oversees the implementation and management of state, federal and/or private grants supporting health care services, including Title X and State DPH Family Planning Grants.
Compensation: $100-125k annually, based on experience.
FT, 37.5 hours/week.
- As a member of PPLM’s Executive Team, participate in strategic decisions for PPLM and provide leadership and mentorship to staff.
- Plan, organize staff, oversee, and direct day-to-day operations of all PPLM health centers.
- Develop business plans and budgets and monitor financial and operational performance of centers.
- Work closely with COO on all health center related operations – facilities, purchasing, inventory, renovations, space planning etc
- Work with CFO, COO and others to provide regular health center dashboard and other reporting at multiple levels – Board, Executive Team, managers and front-line staff.
- Review and implement best practices in health center operations, promoting quality of care and service excellence. Participates on PPLMX Committee (patient and staff experience)
- Utilize productivity metrics in managing health centers. Regularly monitor and communicate quality, patient experience and efficiency data to staff and Executive Team and develop improvement plans when goals are not met.
- Complete all responsibilities according to established protocols, policies and standard practices in the areas of customer service, quality assurance and regulatory compliance programs such as HIPAA (Health Information Portability & Accountability Act), OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) and CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Administration).
- Work in collaboration with Director of Clinical Services to ensure clinical staff and non-licensed staff work as a team to achieve clinical, quality and patient satisfaction goals.
- Work collaboratively with the CSO and Director of Business Development and Community Engagement marketing team to develop and sustain marketing/outreach plans and build community/partner relationships that encourage referrals and expand our health services business.
- Work collaboratively with the CSO and other Executive Team members on important organizational projects where health care is an important strategic component (e.g. PPLM’s strategic plan, fundraising, grant applications, participation in collaboratives (e.g. IHI) and the like)
- Oversee or collaborate on oversight of lab, patient services and research – Develop operational plan in collaboration with each director/manager, for goals, measures and targets in alignment with overall goals and workplace values
- Work with all key stakeholders to enhance communication, planning, problem solving and sharing of resources in support of health center operations, departmental, and agency goals.
- Oversee all licensing, credentialing (providers in particular), and regulatory approvals to manage and mitigate risk.
- Recruits, employs and retains adequate personnel to maintain appropriate staffing needs; utilizes staff in an efficient manner.
- Represent Planned Parenthood (PPLM) at meetings, community events, conferences and fundraising activities, as appropriate.
- Staff and/or attend any relevant Board ad hoc and other committees (e.g. QRC Committee) related to the health center, quality, risk and/or other strategic initiatives that involve healthcare.
- Adhere to Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts policies, procedures and protocols.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- Travel required to all PPLM locations on a regular basis (travel reimbursed)
- BA/BS preferred but relevant work experience required
- Master’s degree and/or Lean or other PI training preferred
- Proven leadership record and at least 8 years’ operations experience in health center management or in a physician group practice setting
- Excellent leadership skills which ensure the ability to communicate goals, clarify tasks, and build effective teams and partnerships.
- Proven ability to think strategically and experience with strategic planning and/or execution
- Presents evidence of strategies employed, and results achieved in implementing strategic diversity and inclusion goals
- Strong knowledge of best practices for diversity, inclusion and equity with prior experience in developing and fostering a diverse work environment.
- Commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different races, ethnicities, sexual and gender identities and expressions, ages, abilities and experiences.
- Proven ability to improve operations, systems, and performance with demonstrable performance improvement and change management skills.
- Proven financial, marketing, health care reimbursement and delivery system acumen.
- Experience managing departmental budgets, financial decisions and grants.
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with clinicians and providers and driving excellent results in patient experience scores. Experience with Press Ganey a plus
- Knowledgeable about how decisions impact all aspects of organization/sees PPLM as series of interconnected agendas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to interact effectively at all levels of the agency and community constituencies.
- Skilled in resolving conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
- Flexibility, ability to work in an environment with lots of change and a sense of humor are important qualities.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to use MS Office programs, including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Commitment to PPLM’s mission, goals and workplace values
To view the complete job posting and to apply, click here.