Title: Bilingual Professional Trainer
Organization: Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
Summary of Position
The Bilingual Professional Trainer (BPT) is a national trainer and representative of PPLM’s Get Real and Professional Training Institute (“the Institute”). The Institute highlights training and support of sex educators and trainers implementing the nationally renowned, PPLM-authored, evidence-based curricula, Get Real: Comprehensive Sex Education That Works. The Institute also highlights our most popular training, Sexuality Education Cornerstone Seminar (SECS). As a master trainer, the BPT is responsible for solo and co-facilitation of a vast array of professional education opportunities such as webinars, online courses, and half-day, full-day, and multi-day in-person and virtual training opportunities for sex educators nationwide. The BPT will inform and contribute to further expansion of the Institute through curriculum maintenance and development, as well as the development and facilitation of new opportunities on a variety of sexual and reproductive health topics.
Compensation: $52,250 – $60,250 annually, based on experience.
37.5 hours per week.
Remote through Sept 2021; will shift to a hybrid in-office and remote model thereafter.
- Develop, maintain, facilitate, and update Spanish language TOE and TOT training designs, Online Course, facilitator guides, and materials.
- Serve as lead facilitator for English language Get Real trainings, including middle and high school Training of the Educator (TOE) in English and Spanish, Training of the Trainer (TOT), and Online Courses.
- Facilitate Spanish language Get Real trainings, including middle and high school Training of the Educator (TOE), Training of the Trainer (TOT), and Online Courses. In collaboration with the training team, maintain and update English and Spanish Get Real curricula, training designs, facilitator guides, Online Courses and materials as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and educational support for Get Real Educators and Trainers.
- Identify, inform, create, and/or facilitate English and Spanish language, subject-related professional education opportunities based on requests, needs assessments, and evaluations.
- Create, facilitate, and maintain Spanish language Sexuality Education Cornerstone Seminar (SECS)
- Facilitate professional training to teachers and other professionals through the Sexuality Education Cornerstone Seminar (SECS) and other professional trainings in English.
- Utilize and contribute English and Spanish language content to www.getrealeducation.org and www.parents.getrealeducation.org.
- Contribute to Get Real social media platforms in English and Spanish.
- Collaborate with Professional Education team members and publisher to maintain, review, and update training materials and inventory.
- Contribute to the growth and development of training designs, skills, materials, and offerings in English and Spanish
- Uphold and demonstrate research-based training designs and facilitation best practices Remain current on sexual and reproductive health and sexuality education information.
- Represent the Institute at professional conferences and other public speaking events.
- Serve as logistics liaison at off-site trainings.
- Attend Professional Education team meetings, weekly supervisory meetings, and scheduled department meetings.
- Contribute to monthly departmental reports, documentation, evaluation, grant and budget reports regularly.
- Communicate effectively with Professional Training team during coordinating and follow up of trainings
- Report to Professional Education Specialist all demographic information, attendance, challenges, and feedback from trainings
- Other tasks and responsibilities as requested
Other Responsibilities & Duties
- Participate in PPLM’s efforts to achieve programmatic and organizational goals
- Access to transportation required
- Frequent national travel up to 25%, 3-5 days at a time, depending on and following all federal, state, and organizational health guidelines.
- Frequent statewide travel, depending on and following all federal, state, and organizational health guidelines.
- Frequent evening or early morning hours
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of outside constituencies concerning highly sensitive and controversial matters
- Ability to work independently while committed to an overall team approach
- BA/BS required or commensurate experience
- Bilingual (Spanish and English), written and spoken, required
- 3-5 years’ experience teaching in an educational setting or in the sexual health field
- Experience providing sexuality education training in fields of sexual violence prevention, substance use disorder, and/or folks with intellectual and developmental disabilities, a plus.
- Experience in training design development and facilitation to adult learners, preferred
- Experience teaching Get Real curricula, preferred
- Experience in curriculum development, preferred
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills in person and virtual, required
- Expert communicator, strong oral and written communications skills
- Skilled with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with virtual training and learning management platforms (Zoom, Moodle, Google Classroom, etc.)
- Commitment to team orientation and willingness to participate in ongoing feedback with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different races, ethnicities, sexual and gender identities and expressions, ages, abilities and experiences
- Commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health
- A commitment to PPLM’s mission and values
To view the complete job posting and to apply, click here.