Title: Healthcare Analyst
Organization: Office of the Attorney General
Bureau: Health Care & Fair Competition Bureau
Division: Health Care Division
Application Deadline: 7/12/2021
Summary of Position
Attorney General Maura Healey is looking for a highly motivated individual to analyze health care data and manage her Office’s projects relating to data reporting, monitoring, and oversight of the health care system. This includes managing the Attorney General’s Community Benefits Program, as well as supporting key initiatives under the Office’s expanded monitoring role pursuant to Chapter 224 of the Acts of 2012, the Commonwealth’s landmark health care cost containment law. The Health Care Analyst is an integral member of the Attorney General’s Health Care Division, which works to protect Massachusetts consumers and improve our health care system.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, under the direction of the Deputy Division Chief, the Attorney General’s Community Benefits Program, which provides guidance to non-profit hospitals and health plans on development and reporting of their community benefits programs;
- Analyze health care market data monitor trends, including health disparities and health care cost trends, and help translate data analysis into policy recommendations; and
- Otherwise support the investigatory and policy priorities of the Health Care Division, including collaborating with Assistant Attorneys General, mediators, and analysts on health care consumer protection cases and the Office’s work to advance health care reform.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience;
- At least three years of professional experience or graduate study in data analytics, public health, health policy, or a related field;
- Strong data analysis skills;
- Strong critical thinking and oral/written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Candidates must be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Graduate degree in data science, statistics, public health, or another relevant field preferred.
We seek a candidate who is able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and interest in improving health care for residents of Massachusetts. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a connection to the people and communities we serve, and an interest in supporting a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Position Type: Full-Time/Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: To apply for this position, click here.
When applying for this position, you will be asked to provide a cover letter and resume.
The application deadline for this posting is July 12, 2021.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will gladly assist applicants who are in need of an accommodation. For assistance, contact the Human Resources Division at (617) 963-2041.
The Attorney General’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As the representative of the Commonwealth and its residents, the Attorney General’s Office strives to ensure that those working in our office reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. The Office encourages applicants from a broad spectrum of backgrounds to apply for positions.