Title: Digital Communications Coordinator
Organization: Groundwork Lawrence
Summary of Position
Groundwork Lawrence (GWL) seeks a full-time Digital Communications Coordinator to coordinate GWL’s social media channels, email marketing production, and other digital marketing and graphic efforts. The position will develop and implement multi-channel communications that further our mission, strengthen the GWL brand, and advance fundraising goals as well as manage GWL’s We Are/Somos Lawrence (WAL) website and social media platforms. This position reports to the Development Director.
- Manage and create written and visual content for GWL’s and WAL’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Produce and distribute GWL marketing emails, including a monthly newsletter, event invites, fundraising emails, and more
- Produce and distribute WAL’s monthly newsletter
- Create and monitor engagement and interactions on social media as well as direct messages
- Help train and encourage GWL staff in how to use social media for brand promotion
- Support development of update process for GWL’s website and make updates to the website or other platforms as needed, ensuring all content is consistent with GWL branding guidelines
- Develop and curate content for WAL’s website and make updates to the website as needed, making sure all content is consistent with WAL branding
- Design GWL infographics, event invitations, graphic fact sheets and other graphic assets for print, web, email, and social media campaigns
- Manage GWL’s online photo library and other digital assets
- Provide administrative support for communications
- Manage performance metrics, analytics and dashboards for GWL & WAL websites and social media platforms to help inform digital marketing strategy and direction.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Must share the values and vision of Groundwork Lawrence with a passion for nonprofit work with a commitment to environmental justice, food access, public health, and economic stability
- 1-2 years’ experience in communications, social media, or related field
- Knowledge and experience managing and creating content various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, including writing and editing
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of social media trends
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage and self-direct many different projects at once, from assignment to delivery, including managing tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm for working with a variety of departments and key stakeholders at various levels in their understanding of social media
- Bilingual English and Spanish (written)
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural organization in a collaborative fashion
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Constant Contact, Drupal and/or Wix
- Translation experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- Experience in a nonprofit setting
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in environmental science, public health, youth development or other Groundwork related field.
Compensation: Salary is $36,000 – $42,000 commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include payment of 75% of health and dental insurance, FSA, fresh food benefit, a matched 403b retirement plan, and excellent paid- time off benefits. GWL provides excellent opportunities for advancement and growth within the organization. This position reports to the Development Director and is an exempt, full-time position requiring some evening and weekend hours.
About the Organization
Groundwork Lawrence (GWL): a nonprofit organization, has been making change happen in Greater Lawrence, Massachusetts since 1999. Through community engagement, environmental and open space improvements, fresh food access, youth education, and employment initiatives, GWL creates the building blocks of a healthy community, and empowers residents to improve their quality of life. GWL achieves results by engaging the whole community – residents, youth, nonprofits, government, and businesses – in the planning and realization of projects. With this collaborative approach, GWL ensures that all stakeholders are mutually invested in the outcomes, the key to stable neighborhoods and sustainable change. GWL’s mission and operations are premised on the understanding that environmental conditions are inextricably linked to the economic and social health of a neighborhood. Therefore, GWL is committed to “ changing places, changing lives, changing systems” through on-the-ground projects that help to transform local communities. GWL’s mission is “ to bring about the sustained regenera on, improvement, and management of the physical environment by developing community-based partnerships which empower people, businesses, and organizations to promote environmental, economic, and social well-being.”
To Apply: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit letter of interest describing your relevant experience and interests and your resume to:
Groundwork Lawrence, Attn: Human Resources, 50 Island Street, Suite 101, Lawrence, MA 01840, fax: (978) 974 – 0882, or firstname.lastname@example.org.