Title: DanverCARES Director
Organization: Danvers Public Schools
Summary of Position
DanversCARES is a dynamic community partnership that supports youth and families in making healthy decisions. DanversCARES is a program of the town of Danvers, managed through the school department. The DanversCARES Director will work collaboratively with school and town staff and community partners to plan, facilitate and evaluate proven prevention strategies.
- Utilize the Strategic Prevention Framework to develop and implement strategies to increase positive youth development-related skills, assets, and competencies that enhance health and wellness, social emotional learning, and substance use/ misuse prevention among children and youth
- Develop and implement an equity-framed model for increased community-wide capacity, collaboration, and ownership to deliver coordinated services and provide resources including recruitment of municipal, school and community representation, training, policy development support, and assessment.
- Develop, facilitate and document the annual DanversCARES strategic planning process, ensuring equitable participation and leadership by all stakeholders so that DanversCARES has increased recognition as the unique go-to community resource for positive youth development for all children, youth, and families.
- Ensure that the principles of participatory research, health equity, anti-racism and community-driven decision-making are integrated into every aspect of program assessment, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Prepare agendas, procure supplies, coordinate outreach, facilitate meetings, record minutes, and conduct follow-up on community meetings. Recruit and train new partners to ensure broad stakeholder representation
- Develop and monitor measurable goals and objectives, design and implementation of community assessments, collection and analysis of data, and preparation of written reports.
- Maintain reports and records as required by grant requirements in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned, including: digital media management, promotion, and outreach to support program implementation.
We invite and encourage candidates who do not meet the qualifications stated below to share with us, as part of the application process, how their background, experience and/or practice has prepared them for the responsibilities of this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, public policy, health education, health promotion or related field, or 5 years equivalent experience
- Knowledge of public health science-based prevention models, especially regarding teen substance abuse prevention and positive youth development.
- Experience with building local community partnerships
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while managing multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to
actively listen and respond respectfully across differences in power, privilege, culture, and language
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Education or Public Policy preferred
To Apply: To see the full job posting and apply, visit: http://www.schoolspring.com/job?3466581