Title: Infection, Prevention & Control (IPC) Manager
Organization: Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres
Summary of Position
As the manager of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) activities, you will lead the development and maintenance of an infection-control program in a MSF field project. The goals include striving for good quality of care and the safety of patients, caretakers and staff. In accordance with MSF protocols and standards, the IPC manager will participate in the definition of the project’s IPC objectives.
- Ensuring the implementation of standard transmission-based IPC precautions for all departments of MSF’s health structures. This is done in collaboration with each service-activity manager, using existing tools (guidelines, checklists, audit forms and trainings).
- Providing technical IPC supervision and guidance to all staff members at the specified MSF field project, with a particular focus on activities such as: water supply; solid waste and waste-water treatment/disposal; latrines and shower facilities; vector control; and medical-waste management.
- Developing multimodal strategies to improve IPC in MSF’s facilities. Examples may include initiating system change (depending on the availability of the appropriate infrastructure and supplies); organizing trainings; conducting performance monitoring; and giving feedback.
- Promoting a stepwise IPC improvement approach, tailored to the local context.
- Compliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- Commitment to work in the field for a minimum of a 9-12 month assignment
- RN/NP, MD/DO, MPH, Epidemiology or Microbiology degree
- Previous experience in a low resource setting (priority given to those with experience working in a humanitarian context)
- Minimum of two years relevant professional experience in health care facility (e. hospital, clinic, nursing home)
- Professional experience supervising, managing or training staff
- Ability to work autonomously with limited materials and resources
- CIC certification
- Professional experience in critical wards (OR, ICU)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Outbreak investigation
- Sterilization and high-level disinfection
- Safe medication management
- IPC surveillance for prevention of
- SSI (Surgical Site Infections)
- CAUTI (Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection)
- CLABSI and PIV infections (Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infection)
- French language (B2 or above)
To Apply: Interest applicants should send their CV or resume to Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Infection Prevention and Control specialist.