Title: Digital Communications Coordinator
Organization: Groundwork Lawrence
Summary of Position
Groundwork Lawrence (GWL) seeks a full‐time Digital Communications Coordinator to coordinate GWL’s social media channels, email marketing production, and other digital marketing and graphic efforts. The position will develop and implement multi‐channel communications that further our mission, strengthen the GWL brand, and advance fundraising goals as well as manage GWL’s We Are/Somos Lawrence (WAL) website and social media platforms. This position reports to the Development Director.
- Manage and create written and visual content for GWL’s and WAL’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Produce and distribute GWL marketing emails, including a monthly newsletter, event invites, fundraising emails, and more
- Produce and distribute WAL’s monthly newsletter
- Create and monitor engagement and interactions on social media as well as direct messages ∙ Help train and encourage GWL staff in how to use social media for brand promotion ∙ Support development of update process for GWL’s website and make updates to the website or other platforms as needed, ensuring all content is consistent with GWL branding guidelines
- Develop and curate content for WAL’s website and make updates to the website as needed, making sure all content is consistent with WAL branding
- Design GWL infographics, event invitations, graphic fact sheets and other graphic assets for print, web, email, and social media campaigns
- Manage GWL’s online photo library and other digital assets
- Provide administrative support for communications
- Manage performance metrics, analytics and dashboards for GWL & WAL websites and social media platforms to help inform digital marketing strategy and direction.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Must share the values and vision of Groundwork Lawrence with a passion for nonprofit work with a commitment to environmental justice, food access, public health, and economic stability ∙ 1‐2 years’ experience in communications, social media, or related field
- Knowledge and experience managing and creating content various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, including writing and editing
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of social media trends
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work independently ∙ Ability to manage and self‐direct many different projects at once, from assignment to delivery, including managing tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm for working with a variety of departments and key stakeholders at various levels in their understanding of social media
- Bilingual English and Spanish (written)
- Ability to work well in a multi‐cultural organization in a collaborative fashion
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Constant Contact, Drupal and/or Wix ∙ Translation experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- Experience in a nonprofit setting
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in environmental science, public health, youth development or other Groundwork related field.
To see the full job description, click here.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by February 19. Please submit letter of interest describing your relevant experience and interests and your resume to: Groundwork Lawrence, Attn: Human Resources, 50 Island Street, Suite 101, Lawrence, MA 01840, fax: (978) 974 – 0882, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Email inquiries may be sent to email@example.com