Title: Systems Development Specialist
Organization: State of New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services; Division of Public Health Services
Summary of Position
To perform technical and program support to NH’s Immunization Information System (IIS), VaxNH. Providing leadership and management on all operations across the IIS, including staff supervision, IIS data use oversight, policy interpretation, and fulfillment of relevant programmatic requirements.
- Conducts a review of VaxNH updates test data; and tests each version of the vendor software as it is released to ensure desired quality and end user functionality. Conducts research to ensure VaxNH is following national recommended guidelines. Participates in conference calls with system users, EMR/EHR vendors, and system vendor.
- Maintains complex IIS from detailed/general specifications, in order to meet project requirements; integrates programs as required. Standardizes procedures for HL7 data import; approves and reviews response files and advises partners on error handling. Onboards partners to Immunization Information System using unidirectional and bidirectional data exchange methods. Analyzes and evaluates operating system procedures, resolves system problems, and develops training for end users of VaxNH to ensure interoperability with electronic medical records used throughout the State.
- Prepares program test data, coordinates and conducts program testing and reviews results to comply with VaxNH specifications. Compiles statistical and program data relevant to system performance for use in administrative decision-making. Evaluates VaxNH technical specifications, in coordination with the IIS vendor, for compliance.
- Prepares system test data to conduct testing with technical specialists within program and reviews results for compliance with VaxNH specifications. Ensures alignment with all relevant national IS and health information exchange standards for messaging
format, content, and transport functions.
- Compiles technical documentation and end-user documentation to support implementation for onboarding providers into VaxNH. Prepares materials/information and develops training for programs and systems in order to support end users; analyzes and evaluates training materials and updates information as necessary. Assesses program needs and makes preliminary recommendations for system development and maintenance.
- Works with various levels of users (e.g., IT technical staff, EHR/EMR vendors, provider office staff, etc.) for different functionality within VaxNH. Performs Tier II Help Desk service support for VaxNH users, provides training and technical assistance to health care providers, school nurses and other community partners that seek technical and program support; escalates appropriate technical questions and issues to the vendor as necessary.
- Analyzes existing procedures for monitoring data to identify inefficiencies and recommends effective changes within the system. Develops and prepares reports listing data errors from healthcare providers. Alerts program staff to errors for resolution. Answers questions from healthcare providers using the VaxNH Helpline or VaxNH email box.
- Works with healthcare providers and staff to setup interfaces to allow the flow of immunization data into VaxNH. Provides backup to creating online training and evaluation for VaxNH modules.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university with at least fifteen (15) credit hours in the field of computer sciences. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
- Experience: Two years’ experience in information processing and computer programming associated with computer systems similar to the recruiting agency. Each additional year of approved work experience may be substituted for one year of required formal education.
- License/Certification: Eligibility for New Hampshire’s driver’s license and/or access to transportation for use in travel throughout the state, when necessary.
- Knowledge of relevant IIS standards, including HL7 2.x and SOAP/Web Services.
- Knowledge of IIS best practice documentation developed by the Modeling of Immunization Registry Operations Workgroup (MIROW).
- Knowledge of the outputs of computer query and reporting tools, such as SQL, Crystal Reports, Business Objects or Excel to support technical staff in running reports.
- Knowledge of health related vendor products such as EHRs.
Preferred Work Traits
- Skill in communicating in writing, orally, electronically and in-person with proficiency.
- Skill in applying effective communication and group dynamic strategies in interactions with individuals and groups.
- Skill in effectively communicating the capabilities and limitations of information systems.
- Skill in managing a high-volume of incoming calls and requests from diverse stakeholders and populations.
- Skill in collaborating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including policy makers, health care and social services, end users, agency leaders, and community.
- Ability to evaluate present systems, organize data and develop new systems procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various department and division representatives.
- Ability to reduce problems to basic details.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, with representatives from other state departments and stakeholders.
- Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the agency appointing authority.
To Apply: To see the complete job posting and to apply, click here. In the keyword box, enter 9T3068 and click search.