Title: Education and Training Coordinator
Organization: New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
Provides outreach for provider and partner participation, training new and existing NH Immunization Information System (NHIIS) users, and developing training and communications tools and messages. This role may manage contacts for all NHIIS end users and partner organizations, documenting and/or assigning identifiers for individuals, provider sites, schools, vendors, or other partners submitting or querying NHIIS for information. Reports to the IIS Program Manager.
- Researches and develops NHIIS program training policy, tools and guides to comply with State policy. Develops training tools, guides and conducts procedural training for all partners, stakeholders, and end users of the NHIIS.
- Serves as the primary liaison to provider clinics, with emphasis on both private and public providers. Determines need for outreach to new and existing partnerships with public and private providers, schools, child care facilities, and other external partners.
- Consults with program staff and managers, advisory committees, county health authorities, and medical and health providers to ensure coordination in the implementation of immunization program issues, as well as existing or proposed laws and regulations.
- Analyzes and interprets public health data and population health assessments to determine appropriate course of action, program focus, and needed improvements to the NHIIS.
- Coordinates the work of a customer service team to respond to calls from health care providers, school personnel, childcare providers and other stakeholders. Provides Help Desk support to assist healthcare staff with vaccine inventory control, ordering, transfers, returns and wastage.
- Analyzes existing procedures and contributes to the design, development, testing and implementation of NHIIS functions and enhancements in order to recommend effective changes.
- Leads training of new functionality and assures that NHIIS user support is continuously available and production problems are addressed and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Makes formal presentations locally and nationally to professional and lay audiences on New Hampshire Immunization program policy, procedures, data and outcomes.
- Consistently treat customers, stakeholders, partners, vendors and co-workers with dignity and respect. Creates and maintains a work environment that is welcoming and respectful of diversity.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university with major study in business administration, public administration, healthcare management, education or a related field. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Four years of professional or paraprofessional experience in business administration, public administration, healthcare management, education or a related field, with responsibility for program implementation, direct service delivery, planning or program evaluation. Each additional year of approved work experience may be substituted for one year of required formal education.
License/Certification: Valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation for use in statewide travel.
Advanced skills in the usage of office automation applications such as Microsoft Office Suite applications in order to prepare a variety of reports, correspondence, spreadsheets, and presentations. Experience of conducting trainings (virtual & in-person) to various audiences. Working knowledge of online computer software applications such as GoToWebinar or Zoom Webinar or Articulate or CDC Train.
Knowledge in the areas of public health, especially immunization, and previous working experience
with healthcare providers. Skill in applying effective communication and group dynamic strategies in interactions with individuals and groups. Skill in developing and writing effective training and promotional materials.
To Apply: To see the complete job description and apply, click here. In the Keyword box, enter 9T3067 and click search.