Title: Training Manager
Organization: Greater Boston Food Bank
Location: Boston, MA
Summary of Position
The Warehouse Training Manager develops and administers training programs, assesses training and development needs, creates training curriculum, training manuals, presents in-person training sessions, monitors training for effectiveness, works safely, and promotes work safety in a warehouse environment, meets all OSHA, State, Federal training and safety compliance regulations.
The Warehouse Training Manager is required to be able to execute all GBFB warehouse functions, work effectively and accurately in any job in the warehouse; to include having demonstrated all the skills and attributes of Warehouse Associate (WHA) I, II, Team Lead, and Assistant Managers. The Warehouse Training Manager is required to participate in the Saturday extra day rotation working approximately every eighth Saturday with the Monday off in that same week.
- Assess employees’ skills, talents, performance and productivity and prepare written evaluations with advice for improvement
- Oversee the training in all key areas of warehouse operations, including order building, materials handling equipment, replenishment, shipping, receiving, loading and unloading
- Identify and assess the training needs of the organization through job analysis, career paths and consultation with managers.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Team to design, develop, and deliver training content, training materials, training modules, and teaching aids, as needed; including coordinating training on facility-wide subjects (ALICE, Anti-Harassment)
- Report training activities and effectiveness (performance) to all stakeholders
- Support the morale of team members by making positive suggestions to improve their performance and to enhance our business efficiencies and processes.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Manage the technologies and technical personnel required to develop, manage and deliver training.
- Create a curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on the organizations goals.
- Strong Math, and Computer skills
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to complete tasks efficiently
- Ability to write, develop and deliver high level training sessions
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others, including demonstrated leadership and teaching capabilities.
- Flexible team player
- Able to ‘think on your feet,’ plan ahead and anticipate problems, and be willing and able to ask for help when needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of direct experience in warehouse industry and 3 years’ experience in warehouse training. An equivalent of the same in working experience 10 years is also acceptable for the position.
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge and have (5 years) experience in warehousing practices and procedures, including safety procedures, equipment operation, computer system skills, and inventory analysis.
- Experience in a warehouse environment, food storage a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with the full training cycle–designing, delivering, evaluating, and assessing results-based training
- Familiarity with warehouse operating systems software a must
- Certified by GBFB’s Food Safety program.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating all GBFB equipment
- Demonstrated excellence related to accuracy and safety
To submit an application and learn more about the position, click here.