Title: Assistant Warehouse Manager
Organization: Greater Boston Food Bank
Location: Boston, MA
Summary of Position
The Assistant Warehouse Manager is responsible for leadership of the warehousing team to timely, accurate, and efficient completion of its goals and objectives. Responsibilities include: safety, team training development, daily tactical planning and execution, budget attainment, and other duties which contribute to meeting our goals and the safe and effective growth of the organization. The assistant warehouse manager will be required to pick, ship, receive, and audit orders when necessary. Generally, the incumbent is expected to work four (4) days per week during the day starting between 6am and 8am and one (1) evening per week starting at approximately noon and be available on call approximately one weekend per month and work approximately one Saturday per month on a rotating schedule.
- Ensure the safety and sanitation of the warehouse – people and contents – by supporting the development of procedures (SOPs) and ensuring they are adhered to by every team member.
- Plan and lead the daily operation of the warehouse, ensuring the quality and integrity of both the product and the system inventory, from point of receipt to distribution.
- Support the Transportation and Inventory Control Teams to achieve the best overall results for GBFB.
- Work with other GBFB functions to develop and support special events and programs affecting, or affected by, the warehouse.
- Achieve GBFB financial objectives by participating in the development of our annual budget and managing activities to achieve expected results.
- Develop business metrics and benchmarks with the warehouse leadership team, measure results, and publish information, as appropriate, to communicate our results throughout the community.
- Coach, mentor, train, and educate team members to allow them to achieve their full potential and make a strong contribution to GBFB’s efforts.
- Make recommendations and work with the Warehouse Manager and the Director of Warehouse Operations to develop and deliver strategic plans, capital plans, and work plans for the warehouse.
- Responsible for supporting and passing all warehousing-related regulatory audits – food safety, financial, and/or other governmental or organizational requirements.
- Ensure AIB standards are maintained.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including coaching, mentoring, training, and collaboration.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring issues to closure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of management experience in warehouse operations, with a strong preference for experience in a regulated environment such as food or pharmaceutical.
- Voice picking experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of ERP and WMS environments.
- Knowledge of OSHA warehousing and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of AIB preferred
To learn more about this position and to apply, click here.