Title: Director of Program
Organization: Health Leads
Summary of Position
The Director of Program develops and leads a range of initiatives and resources that enable healthcare and community stakeholders to improve community health by addressing essential resource needs required to support health equity throughout the Boston region and national projects as needed. The Director will apply their knowledge of essential resource integration with both healthcare and community stakeholders by executing on a range of programs and services focused on demonstrating and spreading learning or practices, or consulting.
The Boston-based Director of Program will oversee Health Leads’ direct service and partnership programs to define and demonstrate practices for community-led health and health equity. The Director is also responsible for aligning their programs with Health Leads’ desired strategic impact, and for codifying and sharing associated learning and implementation guidance that ultimately supports stronger health and equity in communities.
The Director will report to the VP of Program Services and may manage staff allocated to their prioritized initiatives.
Lead the design, development and delivery of programs that enable partners to identify, test, and implement practices that address their community’s essential resource needs in service of improved health equity.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with community and healthcare partners by understanding their priorities and opportunities that can result in improved community health, and by ensuring strong program experiences that accelerate partners’ work and Health Leads’ desired impact
- Advise partners on strategy and operations of related community-driven essential need initiatives
- Oversee design, development, and delivery of initiatives. Programs may focus on demonstration or spread and deliver learning and/or consulting support
- Ensure strong alignment of programs with Health Leads’ strategy. Regularly assess and codify learning & impact with Health Leads’ strategy, learning and impact team. Evolve programs to maximize learning and impact over time. Work with subject matter experts and the Communications team to share learning externally to influence systems change
- Structure and nurture partnerships with internal and external subject matter experts to ensure best sector knowledge is shared and improved upon within and outside our programs (e.g. as advisors, faculty, or partners in execution and/or dissemination)
- Enable partners’ innovation and improvement work to drive results aligned with program and/or partner aims; employ a variety of supports ranging from learning sessions, consulting, coaching, content, and online modalities
- Collaborate with Development and regional teams as needed on funding and outreach; support relationships, grant and partnership proposals, and lead on relevant grant reporting and execution
- Manage and develop direct reports and other staff allocated to assigned programs as needed
- Experience in program design, development and management in non-profit, public health or community-based settings with a health equity framework
- Experience leading consulting and/or learning programs such as collaboratives, networks or similar large-scale change engagements
- Evidence of effective relationship management skills that have spurred action and passion in partners engaged in programmatic work
- An understanding of the difference between innovation and improvement, and an ability to integrate techniques that support both purposes into the work
- Basic knowledge of program measurement
- Demonstrated ability to adapt systems and approaches to evolving circumstances
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, including the ability to create presentations and content, speak publicly, and engage a wide array of audiences from community individuals, front-line staff to executives
- Ability to manage power dynamics
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage self, team members and stakeholders to scope work, align on priorities and meet deadlines
- Managerial capabilities, with team building, supervisory experience and a sense of humor
- Able to effectively identify and communicate key insights from diverse sources of information and transform these insights into content, tools and trainings that support care transformation
- Understanding of and experience with current and emerging community health approaches, and primary care delivery models, and how they can be integrated and improved to support health and health equity
- Passion for the mission of Health Leads and commitment to Health Leads’ core values: shared leadership, justice through equity and inclusion, empathy and genuine relationships, and constant and courageous learning
- Preference of proficiency in a second language (Spanish or Haitian Creole preferred)
- Must reside in Boston area – position based in Boston
- 10+ years of relevant experience
To see the complete job posting and to apply, click here.