Title: Nutrition Services Coordinator, Bilingual English-Spanish or Bilingual English-Cape Verdean
Organization: Project Bread
About the Organization
Project Bread is the leading statewide organization committed to preventing and ending hunger in Massachusetts. Project Bread provides access to affordable, healthy food for the 1 in 11 families – and 1 in 9 children – facing food insecurity in our state today. While providing immediate relief to those who are hungry today, we also work to prevent and ultimately end hunger by prioritizing programs that are proven to break the cycle of poverty and advocating for systemic solutions.
Project Bread is a vibrant organization with a deep commitment to creating positive social change. We work in a fast-paced environment that values learning and an entrepreneurial approach. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Project Bread is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Please be sure to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization. We appreciate your time and will review and respond to all applications received.
About Flexible Services
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts received a five-year waiver from the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare to improve the ways in which MassHealth provides care to its members. This waiver led to the establishment of Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) and includes a pilot Flexible Services Program. Through the Flexible Services Program, ACOs may pay for health related nutrition and housing supports as part of their strategy to address social determinants of health.
Project Bread is an approved nutrition service provider for the ACO Community Care Cooperative. In this role we will receive referrals and provide nutritional services to members from nine health centers across Boston and Central Massachusetts
Brief Summary of Position
The Nutrition Services Coordinator will respond to referrals provided directly from Community Care Cooperative (C3) and their six health centers in Boston and the surrounding area. The Coordinator will develop service plans customized to meet the individual needs of the member so that they can access the healthy foods they need to best manage their health conditions. This position will primarily work with members remotely, but the role will include in-person visits on an as needed basis. This position requires weekly offsite travel.
- Meet with clients by phone and in-person to identify their individual barriers to healthy food access.
- Design nutritional service plans to meet the needs of each client: this may include provision of food vouchers, transportation vouchers, and household kitchen items; connections to SNAP, WIC, School Meals, and other foods assistance programs; as well as community based programs such as community meals, medically tailored meals, food pantries, and others.
- Maintain connections with clients to ensure that the designed service plan is meeting their needs and adjust as appropriate.Maintain accurate records of communications with clients.
- Meet with health center staff to ensure ongoing communication is effective and timely.
- Promote usage of Project Bread’s FoodSource Hotline.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
- Participate in the annual Walk for Hunger, including working as event staff the weekend of the Walk, attending pre-Walk events as assigned, and supporting Walk for Hunger fundraising efforts.
- Provide administrative support to other Project Bread departments as needed.
- Participate in organization-wide events and meetings and perform other program duties as assigned.
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. That said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- High school diploma with 3+ years of experience.
- Database experience (Salesforce preferred).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working in diverse environments with people of different backgrounds.
- Customer service, public service preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of humor.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish or Cape Verdean Creole.
- Must have own transportation.
Licensed Nutritionist, Dietetic Technician Registered or Registered Dietitian.
Please submit resume and cover letter, in MS Word or PDF format, to email@example.com.
Project Bread is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Project Bread is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request special accommodations during the interview process.