Title: Senior Inspector
Organization: Berkshire Public Health Alliance
Brief Summary of Position
The Berkshire Public Health Alliance, a regional collaborative of 24 municipalities, and its fiscal host, Berkshire Regional Planning Commission, seeks a full-time, benefited Inspector or Senior Inspector. The Inspector, with assistance from several part-time back-up inspectors, will provide health agent and inspector services to contracted municipalities, including six small towns that receive all or most inspectional services from the Alliance and several more that receive occasional services. This is an off-site position, with flexible hours.
• Scheduling and conducting public health and environmental inspections under the auspices of the local boards of health, including, but not limited to Title 5, camps, housing, food establishments, pools, etc. Review of plans, applications, etc. Enforcing relevant regulations. All associated paperwork and administrative follow-up.
• Attend Board of Health meetings, as needed, and answer questions from municipal officials via email or phone.
• Help develop standard operating guidelines, policies and procedures, model regulations, etc.
• Assist with special projects, specifically FDA Food Protection grants and on-line permitting.
• Assist with municipal outreach and education.
• Attend Alliance Director Committee (ADC) and Alliance Governing Board meetings, as necessary.
• Program support, such as invoicing and contracting.
• Assist with the development of new projects.
• Experience with local public health; ability to conduct inspections in areas such as septic, food protection, etc.
• Driver’s license, with a reliable car
• Home office, with reliable Internet service (laptop may be provided, if needed).
• Ability to attend evening meetings up to six times per month and occasional weekend hours
• Must be comfortable answering to multiple boards, changing conditions and a hectic schedule.
• Must be able to prioritize and adjust quickly as conditions change. Ability to work independently and take initiative as needed.
• Willingness to attend training and attain certifications, as needed.
• Strong managerial skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Registered Sanitarian (RS) or Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) or qualified within two years of hire.
• Certifications such as System Inspector, Soil Evaluator, ServSafe (or similar), Certified Pool Operator.
• Familiarity with MA Public Health and Environmental Protection laws and regulations.
We will train the right person and help you get certifications as needed.
Hours: 5-40 hours per week. This is an off-site position, flexible on days and times.
Compensation: $30-36 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: include health insurance, dental insurance, short and long-term disability, vision, life insurance and generous holiday and vacation time. Mileage reimbursement. Possible relocation assistance.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Alliance Inspector Position in the subject line.
No phone calls or in-person visits please!
Job open until filled.