Title: Program Coordinator
Organization: Bay Path University
Department: Master of Public Health Program
Schedule: Monday – Friday; weekends and evenings as needed
Location: East Longmeadow, MA
Summary of Position
The Master of Public Health Program at Bay Path University seeks a dynamic individual to coordinate the newly developed graduate program in Public Health and to also teach within the program. The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree in Public Health, or a MPH degree along with a doctoral degree in a related field, have been a practitioner and administrator in the field of public health, and have a strong academic background in higher education. The ideal candidate should have experience in professional leadership, experience in teaching in a distance and/or blended format, and creating, identifying and responding to new opportunities for innovative projects and partnerships.
Bay Path University is an institution that places the utmost importance on the faculty’s ability to teach and relate to all students, whether in undergraduate or graduate programs. Bay Path University is committed to advancing its Health Care programs. The graduate program in Public Health exists within the Bay Path University School of Education, Human and Health Sciences, and, as such, contributes to the overall graduate academic commitment to a sound and exciting Liberal Arts education.
The individual selected for this position will join a collaborative, fast-paced and dedicated School who emphasizes excellence in education at all levels. They will be involved in seeking new program offerings, research and grant opportunities, and designing significant new initiatives for the purposes of cutting-edge preparation.
The Coordinator will report directly to the Director, Graduate New Initiatives in the School of Education, Health and Human Sciences (SEHHS). The Coordinator will carry a course load of 24 credits with an annual course release of six credits through the University and will demonstrate the ability to creatively engage students in didactic and experiential learning opportunities in the on-line environment, collaborate with other undergraduate and graduate program leaders, and other faculty members/staff of the university.
The position is a 12-month appointment and will be hired at the Assistant or Associate Professor level with teaching and program development at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
Bay Path University is seeking a dynamic leader to implement its strategic vision. The successful candidate will lead the department in the following initiatives:
1) potentially guiding the CEPH accreditation process to a successful outcome,
2) ensure the quality of student education and experiences,
3) develop the program’s academic offerings,
4) strengthen the program’s relationship with the other health science programs (i.e., nursing, occupational therapy, physician assistant graduate degrees, psychology, health and human services) and management programs, and
5) establish the program’s relationship with the public health community locally and regionally.
In addition to regular faculty responsibilities in research, teaching, and service, the Program Coordinator is responsible for providing academic and administrative leadership to the Department; guiding curriculum development; coordinating faculty recruitment, development, and advancement; and facilitating service/outreach to the public health and healthcare administration community, and creatively engaging students in didactic and experiential learning opportunities in the on-line environment.
Responsible for the management and administration of the program, including planning, evaluation, budgeting, selection of faculty and staff, and commitment to strategies of professional development.
- Responsible for the management and administration of the program, including planning, evaluation, budgeting, selection of faculty and staff, and commitment to strategies of professional development.
- Teach a minimum of 18 credits annually at both the undergraduate and graduate level. (This reflects release time allowing the Program Coordinator to perform all necessary administrative duties).
- Participate in departmental and institutional meetings, committees, and functions as necessary and appropriate.
- Oversee the MPH program, and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Articulate the Program mission, vision and goals through presentations, written communication, and participation in relevant conferences and meetings.
- Oversee website content and updating.
- Develop and implement an academic advising plan for all MPH program students.
- Advise MPH program students in academic and professional issues.
- Participate in the admissions process, which may include Open Houses, webinars, orientation, and communicating with prospective and/or accepted students, and interviewing students as required.
- Work collaboratively with the MPH faculty and staff for program assessment and student learning outcomes.
- Lead the development of the assessment plan for the MPH program.
- Oversee and direct the process for CEPH accreditation if and when the program pursues accreditation
- Establish and manage an Advisory group of stakeholders for the Program.
- Ensure program meets accreditation standards consistent with CEPH requirements; gather outcome data for inclusion in appropriate annual reports.
- Engage in a process of formative and summative course evaluation to enhance the student learning experience.
- Engage in appropriate and relevant professional development.
- Maintain professional licensure as required.
- Maintain an active presence on the campus including attending student events.
- Willing to teach at both the undergraduate and/or graduate level and the possibility of teaching at different locations across the state.
- Participate in program and curriculum development.
- Attend faculty and University meetings, including attending all major University events (e.g. Commencement, Convocation).
- Adhere to HIPAA and FERPA regulations including privacy standards.
- Attend University training as required.
- Supervise and assess MPH program faculty and staff.
- Hire and orient new adjunct and full-time faculty for each academic year.
- Review and update all assessment plans for the MPH program.
- Review all course evaluation and other available outcome data (e.g. student satisfaction surveys, portfolios, employer or practicum feedback) and incorporate findings into assessment plans in collaboration with the Dean.
- Develop course schedules for the MPH program.
- Collaborate with the Instructional Designer and MPH faculty/staff to develop interactive online activities and instruction for MPH courses.
- Attend training as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University
- Earned doctorate (PhD, DrPH, DHSc, EdD, and ScD) or a closely related field strongly preferred. If doctorate is not in PH, a Master’s degree in PH is required.
- A record of achievement consistent with appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
- A minimum of seven years of successful experience in the public health field strongly preferred.
- Experience and background in the area of global health strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and teach courses in public health strongly preferred.
- Successful experience with developing new academic disciplines strongly preferred.
- Ability to work and cultivate interdisciplinary learning across the University.
- Experience with accreditation and curriculum development, strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with higher education programs containing a Master’s of Public Health degree strongly preferred.
- A successful track record of external funding preferred.
- Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation and budgeting.
- Scholarship of application as well as teaching and learning.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, students, staff, and administration.
- Ability to use the University’s resources, notably technology, to promote effective teaching and learning.
- Ability and/or willingness to learn new cutting-edge pedagogy, online and otherwise
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Interest, initiative, and ability to work with the Dean of the School of Education, Human and Health Sciences, department faculty, and administrators for program development, implementation, and outcomes assessment.
- An ability to be passionate about Bay Path University’s history, mission and hallmark strengths.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license necessary.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire (within 15-days) and annually thereafter.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and in accordance with FERPA and HIPPA guidelines.
- Must be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones’ own.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
To see the full job posting and to apply, click here.