The Cooperative Public Health Service, a health district based at the Franklin Regional Council of Governments, in Greenfield MA is seeking a new Regional Health Agent. Our innovative health district helps to protect the health of people in 13 rural towns, and the Agent is an important local leader who works closely with member Boards of Health and to create, implement, and enforce public health regulations and sanitary codes. This involves a flexible schedule of indoor and outdoor fieldwork through the region, with some night and weekend work as well as program administration. The position supervises two part-time Health Agents.
The FRCOG is a dynamic, professional, regional governmental agency whose 45 staff work on numerous shared services, state and regional advocacy, and planning functions for our member towns. The Regional Health Agent works closely with colleagues in public health, planning, and building inspection.
- Educational background in public health, environmental science or similar science. Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred.
- Certification as a Registered Sanitarian — or can take the exam within two years.
- 3 years of experience in environmental health or public health.
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow with our expanding district.
- A strong work ethic and ability to keep a flexible schedule.
- Interest in rural life and culture.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
This position is based in Greenfield, MA, is full-time, and has full benefits. The salary range starts at $31/hr, this is negotiable.
To apply, please see the full job description here