Title: Health Care Analyst (Full-time/Exempt)
Organization: Office of the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Bureau/Division: Health Care & Fair Competition Bureau/Health Care Division
Brief Summary of Position:
Attorney General Maura Healey is looking for a highly motivated individual to analyze health care data and manage her Office’s projects relating to data reporting, monitoring, and oversight of the health care system. This includes managing the Attorney General’s Community Benefits Program, as well as supporting key initiatives under the Office’s expanded monitoring role pursuant to Chapter 224 of the Acts of 2012, the Commonwealth’s landmark health care cost containment law. The Health Care Analyst is an integral member of the Attorney General’s Health Care Division, which works to protect Massachusetts consumers and improve our health care system.
- Manage, under the direction of the Division Chief, the Attorney General’s Community Benefits Program which provides guidance to non-profit hospitals and health plans on development and reporting of their community benefit programs
- Work closely with experts, sister agencies, and market participants to monitor trends in the health care system, including challenges in patient access, costs, and health disparities
- Support the Social Determinants Partnership Grant Program with data analytics
- Otherwise support the investigatory and policy priorities of the Health Care Division, including collaborating with Assistant Attorneys General, mediators, and analysts on health care consumer protection cases and the Office’s work to advance health care reform.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of professional experience or graduate study in data analytics, public health, health policy, or a related field.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Strong critical thinking and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Graduate degree in data science, statistics, public health, or another relevant field preferred.
We seek a candidate who is able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and interest in improving health care for residents of Massachusetts. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a connection to the people and communities we serve, and an interest in supporting a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Candidates may only apply directly online using the AGO’s Employment and Recruitment website. Visit the AGO website’s jobs portal via this link (www.mass.gov/ago/employment) and select “view current employment opportunities” to register and create a profile, upload your cover letter and resume, and submit an application.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will gladly assist applicants who are in need of an accommodation. For assistance, contact the Human Resources Division at (617) 963-2041.
Inquiries regarding position & status may be made to:
Marcus Barrett, Administrative Assistant
Health Care Division