Title: Health Communication Coordinator (2 Full-Time Positions in Northampton, MA, Rockville, MD)
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in health communication. This individual’s perfectionist eye for detail applies whether coordinating schedules, crafting an email, or capturing meeting notes. The ideal candidate is comfortable holding all the pieces of a project and can follow-up on action items with colleagues to see tasks through to completion. In addition, the ideal candidate:
- Has strong writing skills — and can perform writing assignments with little supervision.
- Is an effective verbal communicator, both in-person and by telephone.
- Has the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects with ease.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
Provide support for health communication, content development, and website maintenance projects. Tasks may include:
- Helping to write content for print, web, and social media
- Helping to maintain content and images for large federal health websites by using content management systems
- Conducting Internet research and environmental scans on identified concepts or parameters
Coordinate day-to-day activities of projects. Tasks may include:
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams of writers, designers, researchers, and web developers, using project management software to track the status of tasks
- Scheduling client and team meetings
- Drafting meeting agendas and taking meeting notes, and writing clear and error-free communications with clients
- Maintaining project schedules and timelines
- Keeping project files organized on a shared company-wide, cloud-based file server
Support internal CH work. Tasks may include:
- Onsite administrative tasks
- Interfacing professionally with high-level clients
- Assisting with maintenance and research tasks for CH’s public health stock photo marketplace, Picture Public Health
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communication, public health, English, or the social sciences.
- 1-2 years of professional or internship experience.
- Experience with project coordination, including managing schedules and timelines.
- Experience with office administration in a busy environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
- Experience with health communication and/or public health.
- Experience in website content maintenance including content management systems such as Drupal and basic HTML.
- Demonstrated familiarity with health literacy principles.
- Solid working knowledge of common operating systems and software including iOS forMac. Comfortable with digital-based work, especially digital project management and collaboration tools and video conferencing.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.