Title: Web Associate (1 Full-Time position in Northampton, MA or Rockville, MD)
Organization: Communicate Health
Brief Summary of Position:
Communicate Health is looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in developing easy-to-use health websites and products for consumers and health professionals. The ideal candidate’s perfectionist eye for detail applies whether coordinating schedules, crafting an email, or documenting requirements. They are comfortable holding technical pieces of a project and can follow-up on action items with colleagues to see tasks through to completion. In addition, the ideal candidate:
- Maintains strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills — and can perform writing assignments with little supervision.
- Is an effective verbal communicator, both in-person and by telephone.
- Has the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects with ease.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
- Has a basic understanding of UX and UI principles — and wants to learn more.
Provide support for web development, including editing digital content, creating documentation, and supporting team communication. Tasks may include:
- Drafting and organizing initial documentation and requirements
- Conducting initial research on web or UX questions and present findings
- Adding and editing content in a content management system (CMS)
- Providing quality control (QC) testing on websites and digital products
Coordinate day-to-day activities on web projects. Tasks may include:
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams of writers, designers, researchers, and web developers
- Maintaining web project schedules and timelines within a larger project schedule
- Interfacing professionally with high-level clients, including scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, and capturing next steps and action items
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as computer science, information design, business, communication, or the social sciences.
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Experience with project coordination, including the development and control of schedules and timelines.
- Experience in a busy professional environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
- Interest in developing easy to use health-related websites and digital products and learning digital health literacy principles
- Experience in website content maintenance including content management systems such as Drupal and basic HTML.
- Solid working knowledge of common operating systems and software including iOS for Mac. Comfortable with digital-based work, especially digital project management and collaboration tools and video conferencing.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.