Title: Communication Associate (1 Full-Time Position in Northampton MA or Rockville, MD)
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is seeking a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in health communication. They are looking for candidates who apply a perfectionist’s eye for detail to coordinating schedules, crafting an email, or capturing meeting notes. Candidates should be comfortable holding all the pieces of a project and can follow-up on action items with colleagues to see tasks through to completion. In addition, candidates should:
- Have strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills — and can perform writing assignments with little supervision
- Be an effective verbal communicator, both in-person and by telephone.
- Have the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects with ease
- Thrive in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
Provide support for health communication, content development, website maintenance, and formative research projects. Tasks may include:
- Coordinating the development of communication products with a multi-disciplinary team and ensuring products are delivered on time and in budget
- Writing content for print, web, and social media, and incorporating editorial revisions
- Helping to maintain content and images for large federal health websites by using content management systems
- Conducting internet research and environmental scans on identified concepts or parameters
- Performing post-production quality control (QC) processes
Coordinate day-to-day activities of projects. Tasks may include:
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams of writers, designers, researchers, and web developers, using project management software to assign actionable tasks to team members and track task status
- Scheduling client and team meetings
- Drafting clear and actionable meeting agendas based on client priorities
- Taking concise and actionable meeting notes and providing status updates in client meetings
- Corresponding with clients clearly and effectively to keep projects on track
- Maintaining project schedules and timelines
- Keeping project files organized on shared company-wide, cloud-based file server
Support internal CH work. Tasks may include:
- Onsite administrative tasks
- Interfacing professionally with high-level clients
- Assisting with maintenance and research tasks for CH’s public health stock photo market place, Picture Public Health
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field such as communication, public health, English, or the social sciences.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience.
- Experience with project coordination, including managing schedules and timelines.
- Experience leading tasks from start to finish with the direction of a manager.
- Experience in office administration in a busy environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
- Experience with health communication and/or public health
- Experience in website content maintenance including content management systems such as Drupal and basic HTML.
- Demonstrated familiarity with health literacy principles
- Solid working knowledge of common operating systems and software including iOS for Mac.
- Comfortable with digital-based work, especially project management and collaboration tools and video conferencing.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.