Title: Finance & Operations Manager
Organization: Essex County Greenbelt Association, Essex MA
Brief Summary of Position:
Greenbelt, Essex County’s Land Trust, works with local landowners and the communities of Essex County to protect family farmland, fragile wildlife habitat and treasured scenic landscapes. Greenbelt has protected 17,500 acres of land and is the most active conservation organization in the region.
Greenbelt seeks an enthusiastic professional for the full-time position of Finance & Operations Manager. The position is responsible for Greenbelt’s financial management and for the oversight of administrative and financial systems. S/he may also have responsibilities in areas including information technology and human resources. S/he will continually evaluate best industry practices in comparison to internal systems and needed resources, with an eye toward both future needs and budget realities.
Key to this position is the ability to be self-starting, and highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
Core Responsibilities & Scope:
Finance & Budgeting
- Develop and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting, while working closely with president, treasurer, finance and executive committees as needed.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditor, the president and audit committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the president; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational daily bookkeeping tasks.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters.
Human Resources & Administration
- Work with the president and outside contractor/s to manage Greenbelt’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
- Manage all compensation and benefit administration, in conjunction with outside vendors.
- Oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
- Support Greenbelt activities and events as needed.
Potential Additional Responsibilities
- Evaluate and improve Greenbelt’s information technology infrastructure, implementing new technologies to support key capabilities as required for future growth.
- Participate in website changes and updates while working with consultant on major changes and improvements.
Qualifications & Skills:
This position requires experience with financial management and operational administration, with a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management.
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit financial management and accounting
- Experience with audit, legal compliance, and budget development preferred
- Organization development and human resources management experience a plus
- Experience in QuickBooks and Raisers’ Edge a plus
- Technologically savvy, with experience overseeing information technology systems, staff or vendors
- Bachelor’s degree required and three years of related experience
Expectations for Success in this Role:
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Integration within a highly motivated and professional team and a demonstrated willingness to expand job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment.
- Proven success in juggling multiple and evolving priorities while maintaining vigilant attention to details.
- Holds final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination.
- Demonstrated written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with the president, Greenbelt’s board of directors, and staff.
Full-time at 40 hours per week. Competitive salary will be based on qualifications and will include excellent health and retirement benefits.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as a single combined PDF file no later than February 8, 2019 to Alexandra Letizia at email@example.com.