Title: Communication Associate (2 Full-Time Positions in Northampton, MA or Rockville, MD)
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. We design healthcare services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. We employ a talented team of plain language writers, designers, developers, researchers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. We’re committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of our employees. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com.
You are a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in health communication. Your perfectionist’s eye for detail applies whether you’re coordinating schedules, crafting an email, or capturing meeting notes. You are comfortable holding all the pieces of a project and can follow-up on action items with colleagues to see tasks through to completion. In addition, you:
- Maintain strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills — and can perform writing assignments with little supervision.
- Are an effective verbal communicator, both in-person and by telephone.
- Have the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects with ease.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide support for health communication, content development, website maintenance, and formative research projects. Tasks may include:
- Writing content for print and interactive tools
- Helping to maintain content and images for large federal health websites
- Conducting Internet research and environmental scans
- Providing support for research projects such as scheduling research participants and taking notes
Coordinate day-to-day activities of projects. Tasks may include
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams of writers, designers, researchers, and web developers
- Scheduling client and team meetings
- Drafting meeting agendas and taking meeting notes
- Maintaining project schedules and timelines
Support internal CH work. Tasks may include:
- Onsite administrative tasks
- Interfacing professionally with high-level clients
- Picture Public Health maintenance and research
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communication, public health, English, or the social sciences.
- 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Experience with project coordination, including the development and control of schedules and timelines.
- Experience in office administration in a busy environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
- Experience with health communication and/or formative research projects.
- Experience in website content maintenance including content management systems such as Drupal and basic HTML.
- Demonstrated familiarity with health literacy principles and Mac operating system and software
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 03, 2018.