Title: Communication Associate
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is seeking a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in health communication. They are looking for a perfectionist’s eye for detail applied to coordinating schedules, crafting an email, or capturing meeting notes. Candidates should be comfortable holding all the pieces of a project and can follow-up on action items with colleagues to see tasks through to completion. In addition, candidates should:
• Maintain strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills — and can perform writing assignments with little supervision.
• Are an effective verbal communicator, both in-person and by telephone.
• Have the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects with ease.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities: Provide support for health communication, content development, website maintenance, and formative research projects. Tasks may include:
- Writing content for print and interactive tools
- Helping to maintain content and images for large federal health websites
- Conducting Internet research and environmental scans
- Providing support for research projects such as scheduling research participants and taking notes
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of projects.
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams of writers, designers, researchers, and web developers
- Scheduling client and team meetings
- Drafting meeting agendas and taking meeting notes
- Maintaining project schedules and timelines
- Support internal CH work.
- Onsite administrative tasks
- Interfacing professionally with high-level clients
- Picture Public Health maintenance and research
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communication, public health, English, or the social sciences.
- 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Experience with project coordination, including the development and control of schedules and timelines.
- Experience in office administration in a busy environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
- Experience with health communication and/or formative research projects.
- Experience in website content maintenance including content management systems such as Drupal and basic HTML.
- Demonstrated familiarity with health literacy principles and Mac operating system and software
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.