Title: PHIT Data Visualization Specialist
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Population Health Information Tool (PHIT) Data Visualization Specialist is an essential member of the Office of Population Health. The specialist will work with data stewards, data owners, and content experts across the Department to develop and maintain publicly accessible data visualization applications. The specialist will support the Office of Population Health’s data initiatives. The primary responsibility of the specialist will be to support the PHIT initiative in its effort to serve as the primary hub for public health data available within the Department. Secondarily, the Data Visualization Specialist will support other initiatives within the Office of Population Health and across the Department. The specialist will be responsible for assisting with overseeing internal Departmental processes related to updating, creating, and controlling the quality of presentations and content development for the publicly accessible data products. This individual will also be responsible for providing guidance to programs throughout the Department on what data visualization tools are available and support for using them. This individual will be responsible for ensuring quality representation of the evidence base and data in order to maintain the highest quality of products. This will involve consulting with the PHIT Epidemiologist, dataset-specific data stewards and content experts department-wide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the launch and maintenance of the PHIT data interface.
- Serves as staff to PHIT Manager and, working with PHIT Epidemiologist, provides data visualization support to the Office of Population Health and staff working on PHIT.
- Supports the Department’s GIS analyst with various data-related tasks to ensure quality data presentation.
- Assists PHIT Manager to expand data visualization capacity for PHIT and other Departmental initiatives.
- Communicates with data stewards and data owners throughout the Department to ensure appropriate and informative data presentation.
- Develops new and maintains existing data dashboards for Department priorities.
- Develops webpages that incorporate Mass.gov’s content management theming.
- Participates in PHIT strategic planning to reflect current realities and prepare for future needs and priorities.
- Supports the PHIT Data Base Administrator with basic data handling and database development.
- Works with the PHIT Epidemiologist to support PHIT’s evaluation, data presentation, and content development efforts.
Preferred Qualifications: Applicants must have at least four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in work simplification, management analysis, program analysis, methods analysis, economic analysis, fiscal analysis, financial analysis, budget analysis, program administration, or program management.
To view full job posting or to apply, please click here.