Title: Grants Management Specialist III
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative provides evidence-based home visiting services to families across the state through local service agencies. It is part of the national Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV).
The Grants Management Specialist III will assist the MIECHV team at DPH with program development, implementation, and monitoring, particularly in the areas of budget plans, contract plans including amendments and monitoring, spending forecasts, and fiscal oversight for federal funding within MIECHV Program. In addition to assisting all requests for state funding and monitoring throughout the year, the Grants Management Specialist III will assist in developing federal grant applications, grant submissions, and other programmatic support. The incumbent will also assist in monitoring and supporting other home visiting service contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and preparation of federal grant applications by providing information concerning but not limited to budget detail, procurement requirements, and program development.
- Compile financial information, develop budget requests, evaluate program budget needs, prepare budget reports, and develop internal allocations.
- Assist in the development of new MIECHV contracts.
- Maintain and monitor contract amendments, line item edits, and renewals for all MIECHV contracts.
- Work with program staff to improve consistency, workflow, administrative procedures, and oversight of program implementation.
- Develop detailed spreadsheets utilizing programs such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data.
- Disseminate fiscal information in the form of financial and or narrative reports, charts, graphs and tables.
- Forecast budget expenditures and analyze trends to evaluate spending and funding.
- Process vendor invoice using Virtual Gateway Enterprise Invoice/Service Management (EIM/ESM).
- Develop strategies to satisfy all federal and state financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare required documentation for incorporation in bureau’s budget request, spending plans, unit budgets.
- Record and track grant expenditures.
- Recommend procedures relative to grant administration based on the review of grantees performance and compliance with the established legal and grant program requirements.
- Provide logistical support to MIECHV team.
- Knowledge of financial analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the state accounting, purchasing, personnel and contracting systems.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of budgeting.
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth’s budget system, laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of federal grant and federal financial participation systems.
- Ability to analyze financial and program data and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of others in accomplishing assigned work objectives.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing clearly, effectively and with conciseness.
- Ability to collate, understand and analyze data and make effective, cogent recommendations.
- An Associate’s degree or higher with a major in accounting, business administration or business management.
- Knowledge of MMARS.
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Information Warehouse, Document Direct, and Uniform Financial Reporting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to accurately record information provided verbally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written expression.
To view full job posting or to apply, please click here.