Title: Senior Coordinator, Local Health Communication and Resources
Organization: Office of Local and Regional Health, Mass DPH
The Senior Coordinator, Local Health Communication and Resources coordinates the organization and dissemination of communication for the Office of Local and Regional Health (OLRH) about its mission, goals, and initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, develops, implements, and evaluates the Office of Local and Regional Health communications platform and messaging strategies.
- Creates content, designs, and coordinates the OLRH monthly newsletter and web pages.
- Identifies topics and recruits DPH staff for presentations at DPH Commissioner-led webinars for local public health officials.
- Develops slide presentations for webinars, meetings, and conferences.
- Supervises the Local Health Program Coordinator in coordinating logistics for web page updates, newsletter compilation and distribution (including local public health contact database maintenance), and webinars and other duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Assists the Director in writing briefing documents, talking points, and presentations for the DPH Commissioner and other senior staff.
- Reviews and edits meeting minutes and other documents for the Special Commission on Local and Regional Public Health (and any successor entity).
- Prepares, reviews, or edits reports, summaries, and presentations for Office of Local and Regional Health initiatives.
- Assesses communication needs and recommends electronic and print resources for internal and external use.
- Develops and creates electronic and print resources including fact sheets and issue briefs about local public health issues for DPH staff, local public health officials, and stakeholders in response to identified needs.
- Identifies strategies for and assists LPH partners in sharpening their messaging about the important role of local public health.
- Collaborates with DPH Communications Office in developing strategies to promote the OLRH mission within DPH and with external stakeholders.
- Serves as a data and statistics resource for OLRH staff, local public health officials, and external stakeholders.
- Assists with the translation of public health data into plain, clear, and actionable language.
- Assists in developing a plan for strengthening local public health data capacity, in specific providing recommendations related to local public health data reporting to DPH and the use of data for communications purposes.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with staff in the Office of Population Health, Office of Data Management and Outcomes Assessment, and epidemiologists in bureaus and programs throughout DPH to assist in identifying relevant data for the OLRH and for local public health and assisting in ensuring such OLRH and LPH data needs are integrated with DPH data standards and priorities.
- Serves as DPH Canton Site Coordinator to coordinate the operational needs of staff located at the DPH Canton site.
- Supervises the Canton site Clerk who addresses the day-to-day concerns of the DPH Central Office staff at the Canton site.
- Serves as the point of contact for the DPH Facilities & Support Services Team on incident response and issue mitigation.
- Convenes and coordinates meetings of the Canton site Safety and Wellness Committee.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital for Children (Canton site) and EOHHS IT in addressing site-related issues.
- A master’s degree in public health or related field.
- Experience in public health communications and data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of uses of data in public health; general comprehension of data analysis, epidemiology, and the ability to interpret and translate data into relevant narratives in varied forms, including social media.
- Knowledge of various methods used in the preparation of charts, graphs and tables and the ability to create these for a varied audience.
- Proficient in the use of various software and application programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Photoshop, desk top publishing or web design, and Power Point.
- Ability to proofread and edit according the most current edition to The Associated Press Stylebook (or similar source).
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of data, to draw conclusions and develop clear and meaningful narratives.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and cultural competency in dealing with a range of professionals and constituents.
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
To view full job posting or to apply, please click here.