Title: Compliance Surveyor
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) and Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality is seeking a dynamic individual dedicated to public health and quality of life to serve as the Compliance Surveyor for the Department’s Mobile Integrated Health (MIH) Program. The MIH Compliance Surveyor oversees and ensures that approved MIH programs are compliant with statutes, regulations, and guidelines. The incumbent coordinates and oversees compliance cases as they relate to approved MIH programs.
MIH is a sophisticated and integrated health care delivery model intended to link existing health care providers with mobile health infrastructure to improve the health of a specified population within a community. These collaborations are intended to deliver services to a range of patients in out-of-hospital environments, by providing patient-centered, multidisciplinary team-based care in coordination with health care facilities and other health care providers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Triages, tracks and responds to complaints and serious incidents.
Develops and refines workflows surrounding triage and prioritization of incoming complaints.
- Communicates and coordinates with complainants, programs, and licensure boards and offices.
- Conducts and documents complaint investigations and site visit surveys for MIH programs.
- Discerns program compliance with standards and regulatory criteria for approval.
- Develops standards, workflows, and documentation methods for investigations and site visit surveys to ensure consistency and quality in DPH operation and MIH /Community EMS programs.
- Educates, advises, and liaises with programs and health care entities to improve programs and ensure patient safety, quality, and compliance is not compromised.
- Please note that this position is currently based at 99 Chauncy Street in Boston, MA. It is anticipated that, in July 2019, this site will potentially be relocated to one of the following cities/towns: Framingham, Hopkinton, Hudson, Marlborough, Northborough, Southborough or Westborough. This position will be transferred to the new location when this occurs.
- State-wide travel is required when necessary to complete complaint surveys/investigations.
- Expertise in EMS, paramedicine, and healthcare delivery and administration.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry within the Commonwealth.
- Knowledge of MIH statute, regulations, and guidelines.
- Master’s degree in health care administration, public health or other related field.
- Experience with stakeholder communications and customer service.
- Experience with performing compliance investigations.
- Ability to analyze and determine applicability of heath care data to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to establish rapport, deal tactfully, and maintain harmonious working relationships.
- Ability to plan and conduct training or instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written expression.
- Ability to give oral instructions in a precise, understandable manner.
- Ability to prepare general and statistical reports.
To view full job posting or to apply, please click here.