Title: Environmental Health Inspector II
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Environmental Health Inspector II will be responsible for conducting field compliance testing of radiation diagnostic, fluoroscopic, and therapeutic equipment; conducting validation surveys in conjunction with the Division of Health Care Quality; and investigating accidents and incidents involving x-ray equipment and facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and conducts field investigation of installations maintained by users of all types of sources of radiation and submit written reports, investigation materials, procedures to determine the cause of a radiation accident or incident.
- Performs compliance investigations relative to the Department of Public Health regulations which involve technical measurements of diagnostic and therapeutic x-ray equipment.
- Writes reports on inspections relative to conformance with Department rules and regulations established for the control of radiation hazards for review by senior staff members.
- Using radiation survey instruments, monitord areas where radiation machines are used.
- Maintains contact with federal and state agencies through meetings, conferences, correspondence, etc. to develop effective working relationships and to further the exchange of ideas and information.
- Performs related duties such as attending seminars, conferences and training sessions to keep abreast of the changes and new developments in the environmental health field and maintaining records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skill in operating the measuring and testing equipment used in radiation protection work.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of environmental data, to draw conclusions and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Knowledge of the methods of general report writing.
- Ability to understand and apply the laws, rules, policies and procedures governing assigned unit activities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to varying work situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
To view full job posting or to apply, please click here.