Title: Business Management Specialist, Contracting – Bureau of Substance Addiction Services
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with all staff responsible for contractual compliance and programmatic oversight.
- Completes all aspects of contracting with vendors and contractors, including preparation of scope of work and budget justifications, award letters, and any contract extensions or modifications, including line item adjustments.
- Prepares all ISAs. Monitors and tracks expenditures, serves as the ISA liaison between the DPH Budget Office and BSAS, and meets with the appropriate contract managers on ISA related issues.
- Prepares, processes and monitors all general accounting encumbrances utilizing MMARS, EIM/ESM, PTS and COMMBUYS, all commodity purchase orders, and all lower subsidiary contractual encumbrances including client service contracts.
- Ensures proper vendor codes are utilized as well as set up and modified when necessary.
- Organizes and manages an electronic filing system for lower object classes vendor files as necessary to assure appropriate documentation and record keeping of active and archived files adhering to all applicable state and federal requirements and laws.
- Related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of business management.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, rules, policies, procedures, governing assigned activities.
- Ability to gather information and examine records and documents.
- Ability to determine proper format and procedure for assembling items of information and maintain proper records.
- Ability to write concisely, to express thoughts clearly, and to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of a range of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook etc.).
- Ability to supervise, including planning and assigning work according to the nature of the job to be accomplished.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationship with others.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to deal tactfully with others.
To view full job posting or to apply, please click here.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.