Title: Business Management Specialist, Billing – Bureau of Substance Addiction Services
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance to both providers and BSAS staff on BSAS Billing Policy.
- Ability to understand MMARS screens and communicate with BSAS management, vendors, and providers on variances.
- Acts as liaison to vendors and providers for billing and payment issues.
- Monitors central repository email for vendor invoices.
- Processes invoices efficiently to ensure all bills are paid promptly.
- Reviews invoice information for issues such as overbilling and ineligible charges.
- Ensures invoices are approved by appropriate contract manager in a timely manner.
- Diligently creates payment records in MMARS and billing documentation.
- Enters invoice data into MS Access database (Invoice Tracker).
- Uses invoice tracker to monitor and project vendor contracts and expenditures and to prepare reports for management.
- Produces reports for BSAS management that outline billing history and vendor adherence to BSAS Billing Policy, assists with contract management, and other related tasks.
- Ensures accuracy of contract data and contact information.
- Provides billing related reports to BSAS management and contract managers.
- Conducts data analysis of vendor and provider billing data.
- Conducts reviews of providers’ Due Diligence procedures.
- Prepares data and reports for fiscal site visits and appropriate recommendations.
- Assists with requests from the State Auditor’s Office for additional review and analysis.
- Provides technical assistance to providers and BSAS staff on unit rate and cost reimbursement billing practices and procedures.
- Assures all unit rate and cost reimbursement billing issues are resolved promptly and troubleshoot problems and discrepancies in the EIM/ESM system.
- Provides technical assistance to providers on the Virtual Gateway Application.
- Understanding of methods used in the preparation of charts, graphs and tables,work simplification methods.
- Knowledge of methods of general reports writing.
- Comprehension of methods of general auditing principals.
- Familiarity of Microsoft Office Suite applications specifically Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook in addition to Windows Environment.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc. governing assigned unit activities.
- Capacity to analyze and determine the applicability of data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to gather information by examining records, documents and by questioning individuals.
- Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to determine proper format and procedure for assembling items of information.
- Ability to maintain accurate records,utilize charts, graphs and tables to prepare general reports.
- Ability to write concisely, to express thought clearly and to develop ideas in logical sequence.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Ability to deal tactfully with others.
- Ability to adjust to varying or changing situations to meet emergency or changing program requirements.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, as well as discretion in handling confidential information.
To view full job posting or to apply, please click here.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.