Title: Research Analyst III – Bureau of Infectious Disease & Laboratory Sciences, JP Campus
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Research Analyst III will be the primary person responsible for oversight and initial interpretation and analysis of hepatitis B positive labs on women 14-50 years of age reported via DPH’s infectious disease reporting system, MAVEN.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes data to identify high-priority perinatal labs.
- Follows, and maintains, existing protocol for the management of phone calls to health care providers requesting pregnancy status of cases and follows up as needed.
- Directs providers to report women using the Hepatitis B Infected Pregnant Woman Reporting Form and follows up to ensure form has been filled out and faxed into ISIS.
- Monitors teleform reporting forms for pregnancy via MAVEN PHB teleform workflow, and reviews reported pregnancy information for completeness and accuracy within MAVEN.
- Follows up with reporting providers, as necessary, to obtain and/or verify critical data.
- Once pregnancy information is complete in MAVEN, assigns hepatitis B positive pregnant women into case management in a timely manner. Notifies perinatal nurse case managers when a Hep B positive pregnant women with high HBV DNA levels is in the workflow.
- Calls and/or faxes OB/GYNs, or birth hospitals, to obtain laboratory confirmation of mother’s hepatitis B positive status on reported cases and follows up as needed.
- Follows up on missing laboratory results on hepatitis B positive women reported weekly by Massachusetts Newborn Screening Program.
- Sends prenatal data requests to appropriate outside agencies and programs.
- Appropriately handles cases received from, and transfers cases to, other state health departments.
- Updates perinatal hepatitis B case management databases and files as needed.
- Maintains all historical files.
- Attends Perinatal Hepatitis B team meetings, Immunization Nurse meetings, and Epi/Imm Division meetings.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have (A) at least four (4) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, administrative, professional or technical experience in work involving research, data analysis, compliance, records management or program administration (B) an equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitution below. Incumbents may be required to have a current and valid motor vehicle driver’s license at a class level specific to assignment.
I. A Bachelor’s degree in a related filed may be substituted for a maximum of two (2) years of the required experience.
II. A Master’s degree or higher in a related filed may be substituted for a maximum of three (3) years of the required experience
To view full job posting or to apply, please click here.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.