Title: Health Care Facility Surveyor
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is seeking qualified individuals dedicated to public health, quality of life and safety to conduct surveys within Massachusetts nursing homes, hospitals and other health care facilities, and review inspection findings.
The Health Care Facility Surveyors will play a vital role ensuring our nursing homes, hospitals and other health care facilities comply with all state and federal regulations. The ideal candidates will have experience working in a health care setting and an understanding of regulations and policies that apply to nursing homes, hospitals and other health care facilities in Massachusetts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and surveys departments of health care facilities and services to determine compliance with rules and regulations for certification and licensure.
- Based on on-site inspections and desk reviews, writes reports on health care facilities and services relative to conformance with federal requirements and state regulations.
- Evaluates plans of correction submitted from health care facilities and conducts follow up visits to determine ongoing compliance with rules and regulations for certification and licensure.
- Participates in the development of methods of evaluating health care facilities, services and related programs, in order to determine the degree of acceptance and utilization of health care, type and breadth of service, characteristics of recipients, extent of involvement of professional workers, operational costs and other related activities.
- Provides consultation, guidance and training to facility’s health care professionals and other staff involved in patient care, and direction of programs.
This position surveys facilities statewide, although will be assigned to one of three geographic regions based upon operational need. This is a field position, though travel into the Division’s main office will be occasionally required. Please note the office location assigned to this position is currently 99 Chauncy Street in Boston, MA. It is anticipated that in July 2019, this site will potentially be relocated to one of the following cities/towns: Framingham, Hopkinton, Hudson, Marlborough, Northborough, Southborough or Westborough. The office location for this position will be transferred to the new location when this occurs.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration.
- Knowledge of the factors, trends and problems in providing health care services to client groups such as infants, the aged and the informed.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations related to hospitals and nursing homes.
- Social worker, dietician, occupational, physical, or speech therapist, with a current Massachusetts license and with a minimum of 3-5 years working in a healthcare facility preferably nursing homes.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of heath care data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.