Title: Complaint Surveyor – Hospital Program
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is seeking a qualified individual dedicated to public health, quality of life and safety to conduct complaint inspections within Massachusetts hospitals and other health care facilities, and review inspection findings.
This person will play a vital role ensuring our hospitals and other health care facilities comply with all state and federal regulations. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a health care setting and an understanding of regulations and policies that apply to hospitals and other health care facilities in Massachusetts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and surveys departments of health care facilities and services to determine compliance with rules and regulations for certification and licensure.
- Based on on-site inspections and desk reviews, writes reports on health care facilities and services relative to conformance with federal requirements and state regulations.
- Evaluates plans of correction submitted from health care facilities and conducts follow up visits to determine ongoing compliance with rules and regulations for certification and licensure.
- Participates in the development of methods of evaluating health care facilities, services and related programs.
- Interacts directly with patients, residents and staff of licensed and certified health care facilities, with particular emphasis on hospitals and their patients.
- Shares responsibility for gathering relevant information on all reports filed, and making recommendations for resolution or future action as needed.
- Uses existing knowledge of health care systems, especially hospitals, to promote better quality of care and quality of life for all Massachusetts health care consumers.
- Conducts complaint investigations and surveys of health care facilities and services to determine if services are being provided to patients, clients, and residents, in compliance with regulations for certification and state licensure and state and federal laws.
- Conducts survey related work in licensure and recertification units when needed to meet operational needs of the Department.
This is a field position. State travel is required. One day per week, or more as needed, will be assigned to the Boston office located at 99 Chauncy Street. This is a field position, though travel into the Division’s main office will be occasionally required. Please note the office location assigned to this position is currently 99 Chauncy Street in Boston, MA. It is anticipated that in July 2019, this site will potentially be relocated to one of the following cities/towns: Framingham, Hopkinton, Hudson, Marlborough, Northborough, Southborough or Westborough. The office location for this position will be transferred to the new location when this occurs.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration.
- Knowledge of the factors, trends and problems in providing health care services to client groups such as infants, the aged and the infirmed.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations related to hospitals and nursing homes.
- Social worker, dietician, occupational, physical, or speech therapist, with a current Massachusetts license and 3-5 years working in a healthcare facility, preferably hospitals.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of heath care data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.