Title: Data Analyst – Division of Quality Improvement
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is seeking a qualified individual dedicated to public health, quality of life and safety to provide guidance for analytical and evaluation activities; conduct epidemiological and statistical analyses of data to determine trends; recommend standards for, and conduct, data quality assurance and control; and provide epidemiological criteria for generation of unsolicited reports to providers for purposes of quality improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the Department’s Nursing Home Survey Performance Tool. Performs updates and creates database extracts as needed.
- Provides guidance for Division of Quality Improvement data analysis, research, evaluation, and quality improvement activities.
- Conducts epidemiological and statistical analyses of state and federal databases to determine trends, incidence and prevalence of medical and non-medical topics.
- Assists in overseeing federally required and supplied nursing home resident and home health agency client quality dataset, Minimum Data Set and OASIS systems, including maintaining operation of equipment and monitoring for system failures or problems with the program. Works with providers regarding transfer of facility resident health data assessments.
- Assists Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality sponsored advisory committees with research, analysis and design of data analysis tools that provides health care information to committees, and helps inform guidelines and/or regulations to ensure high quality of care.
- Recommends standards for, and assists in conducting, data quality assurance and control.
- Prepares and presents descriptive, statistical and epidemiological reports to internal and external audiences.
- Conducts computer-based data analysis using SAS, R, Access, and Excel.
- Knowledge of the utilization of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to analyze and determine applicability of epidemiological data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to make effective oral presentations.
- Ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing licensed healthcare entities.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of research methodologies.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of data quality assurance and control.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of auditing of data transactions.
- Ability to assess data quality.
- Ability to write effective technical reports for medical, scientific and lay audiences.
- Extensive experience in surveillance and research in public health.
- Extensive experience in data analysis (using SAS/R) and in applying analysis and research to policy development in public health.
- Masters or doctorate in public health, epidemiology, economics, health sector management or related field.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.