Title: Education Program Manager
Organization: Groundwork Lawrence
Brief Summary of Position:
GWL is seeking an Education Program Manager to lead and deliver top quality social justice, environmental and public health focused youth educational programming and help integrate youth into GWL’s community activities, projects, and events. This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the Education Director. The Education Program Manager will oversee high school-aged programming such as the Summer and School Year Green Team Programs, which are youth employment programs for Lawrence high school aged youth that incorporate environmental, public health, outdoor experiential education, urban agriculture, stewardship, leadership skills, and job training. The Education Program Manager will also focus on innovative development and implementation of new programs to support positive youth development, academic enrichment, and work-based learning for high-school aged youth.
We hold high expectations for our youth, and in order to reach their full potential we require our Education Program Manager to be a strong role model. Ideal candidates will possess enthusiasm for working with youth, a commitment to Groundwork Lawrence’s mission, a strong work ethic, and strong organizational skills combined with attention to details.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee all programming, partnerships, evaluation for high-school aged youth programs
- Lead recruitment, parent-information sessions, hiring, training, supervision and mentoring process for high-school aged Green Team Members and adult Green Team Leaders
- Supervise full-time DOI/Vista member(s) in planning, implementing and independently or co-facilitating Green Team and other educational programming
- Develop curriculum and implement Schoolyard Garden/ Environmental/ STEM Education Programs: in-school and after school programs designed to cultivate healthy habits and promote healthy eating, active lifestyles, and environmental awareness for high school aged students & other grades as needed
- Participate in and ensure youth integration in GWL projects, community programs, & events including Earth Day, Spicket River Cleanup, S.A.L.S.A. Festival, Spicket Greenway 5K and farmers markets.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Must share a passion for Groundwork’s values and vision;
- Demonstrated understanding of positive youth development through 2-3 years minimum experience working with high school aged urban youth in a direct-service capacity;
- 2-3 years minimum experience in planning and delivering education and youth programs;
- 1-2 years minimum experience in direct-supervision of adult staff and/or youth staff;
- Undergraduate degree;
- Flexible schedule to facilitate evening and weekend programming as needed;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues; community partners, and students;
- Be a self-starter and work well independently, as well as value collaboration;
- Demonstrated experience facilitating group learning for students;
- Must be experienced working in multicultural, inclusive settings;
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills along with strong oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills; Skilled in managing complex projects and administrative tasks with an ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines;
- Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and ability to drive program van; acceptable CORI & SORI;
- Must be willing to drive a 12 person van to facilitate youth field trips and other activities.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
- Diversity and Inclusion training/experience
- Subject expertise in urban agriculture, environmental/ecological studies, public health, and/or related fields;
- Experience working with/within school districts;
- Experience with curriculum development and familiarity with MA State Curriculum Frameworks
- Masters Degree.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit letter of interest describing your relevant experience and interest in Groundwork Lawrence along with your resume by June 1st, 2018 to: Groundwork Lawrence, Attn: Human Resources, 50 Island Street, Suite 101, Lawrence, MA 01840, fax: (978) 974-0882, or firstname.lastname@example.org.