Title: Program Coordinator II – Bureau of Family Health & Nutrition & Bureau of Community Health & Prevention (2 Positions)
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
Each position will be assigned to one Bureau; one Coordinator will provide high-level administrative support to the Director of the Bureau of Family Health and Nutrition; the second position will perform the same duties providing support to the Director of the Bureau of Community Health and Prevention.
The ideal candidates will be highly motivated, confident, and interested in public health issues, as well as be self-starters who can demonstrate an ability to take initiative and a desire to learn. Ideal candidates should also have well-developed organizational and administrative skills to learn to anticipate the needs of the Bureau Director without significant direction.
The Program Coordinator II must be capable of overseeing a dynamic calendar with relative autonomy and providing administrative support that includes keeping track of deadlines, coordinating review of important documents, basic copyediting, and taking notes at Bureau meetings. The incumbent will coordinate information and time sensitive communication across bureaus and within the senior management team related to special projects. The Coordinator will interact with internal and external stakeholders such as the DPH Commissioner’s Office and Bureaus, EOHHS, other state agencies, service provider organizations, advocacy groups, and other strategic partners. This position will draft reports, presentations, memos and other forms of communication on behalf of the Bureau Director and will serve as a liaison between the Bureau Director, Unit Directors, and staff. Please note, this position may supervise one or two administrative staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Skillfully coordinate the Bureau Director’s schedule.
- Coordinate meetings, which includes identifying and reserving space, preparing an agenda and other materials, and taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders such as the DPH Commissioner’s Office and Bureaus, EOHHS, other state agencies, service provider organizations, national single state authorities, advocacy groups, and other agency partners.
- Provide administrative support including keeping track of deadlines, coordinating review of important documents, basic copyediting, and taking notes at Bureau meetings.
- Coordinate information and time sensitive communication across bureaus and within the senior management team.
- Assist with drafting presentations, reports, memos, and other forms of communication on behalf of the Bureau Director and other senior staff.
- Develop and implement procedures and guidelines to keep track of multiple deadlines and coordinate review of documents.
- Handle highly confidential information in support of the Bureau Director.
- Coordinate communication with Bureau staff.
- Coordinate Bureau responses to Commissioner’s Office requests for information.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Excellent organizational skills and superior attention to details.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, and effectively prioritize each.
- Ability to work in a fast paced atmosphere.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.