Title: Program Manager V, Mobile Integrated Health Program Manager – Bureau of Health Care Safety & Quality
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) and Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality is seeking a dynamic individual dedicated to public health and quality of life to manage the Department’s Mobile Integrated Health (MIH) Program. MIH is a sophisticated and integrated health care delivery model intended to link existing health care providers with mobile health infrastructure to improve the health of a specified population within a community. These collaborations are intended to deliver services to a range of patients in out-of-hospital environments, by providing patient-centered, multidisciplinary team-based care in coordination with health care facilities and other health care providers.
The MIH Program Manager has a fundamental role in MIH operations including: management of program staff, infrastructure, and budget; serving as the primary channel for internal and external MIH stakeholder communications; oversight of the MIH application process to ensure proper customer service, transparency, and efficiency; and continuously improving MIH operations and outcomes by using evidence-based methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts outreach to build, support and maintain relationships with external stakeholders. Communicates transformative potential of MIH.
- Launches the new MIH program.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the unit including supervision of staff, communication with internal/external constituents and a variety of stakeholders.
- Incentivizes new and innovative models of care delivery through new partnerships between health care organizations.
- Researches and identifies gaps in service delivery in order to prevent harmful or wasteful healthcare resource deliver.
- Establishes and partners with community Emergency Medical Services (EMS) programs to expand abilities which offer public health prevention/promotion, and health education services to residents.
- Participates in application review, data collection and analysis, reporting, clinical review, and program compliance.
- Assesses and provides quality improvement strategies to improve practice and performance throughout the systems using community-based and consensus-building processes.
- Delivers strategic planning, coordination and implementation of MIH components and services while providing oversight and evaluation of program compliance.
- Maintains collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- At least five (5) years of experience in public health, health administration or EMS.
- At least of five (5) years as a manager or equivalent position.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Mobile Integrated Health (MIH) care delivery including statute, regulations and compliance.
- Skilled in problem solving, consensus building, conflict resolution and team building.
- Ability to identify risks and develop and apply logical and effective mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrated strengths and experience in program development, process improvement, analysis and evaluation.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive; recognize and support organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to engage partners and a solid understanding of the formal and informal processes of individuals and groups collaborating.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, strategic planning, project management, visionary, and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and able to effectively engage stakeholders in challenging or deadline-oriented situations.
- Proven ability to supervise, including the planning and assigning of work according to the nature of the job to be accomplished.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.