Title: Health Communication Associate
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in health communication. Your perfectionist’s eye for detail applies whether you’re coordinating schedules, crafting an email, or capturing meeting notes. You are comfortable holding all the pieces of a project and can follow-up on action items with colleagues to see tasks through to completion.
In addition, you:
- Maintain strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills — and can perform writing assignments with little supervision.
- Are an effective verbal communicator, both in-person and by telephone.
- Have the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects with ease.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support for health communication, content development, website maintenance, and formative research projects. Tasks may include:
- Writing content for print and interactive tools
- Helping to maintain content and images for large federal health websites
- Conducting Internet research and environmental scans
- Providing support for research projects such as scheduling research participants and taking notes
Coordinate day-to-day activities of projects. Tasks may include:
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams of writers, designers, researchers, and web developers
- Scheduling client and team meetings
- Drafting meeting agendas and taking meeting notes
- Maintaining project schedules and timelines
Support internal CH work. Tasks may include:
- Onsite administrative tasks
- Interfacing professionally with high-level clients
- Picture Public Health maintenance and research
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communication, public health, English, or the social sciences.
- You have at least 1-2 years of professional experience.
- You have experience with project coordination, including the development and control of schedules and timelines.
- You have experience in office administration in a busy environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
- You have experience with health communication and/or formative research projects.
- You have experience in website content maintenance including content management systems such as Drupal and basic HTML.
- You are familiar with Mac operating system and software.
- You have demonstrated familiarity with health literacy principles.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 25, 2018.