Title: Health Writer I
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is looking for a motivated writer/editor with a strong interest in health communication and public health. As a writer, you must be comfortable developing material that is conversational, professional, understandable, accessible, and actionable. You should enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback on content, and have outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support healthcare organizations and federal agencies in developing culturally and linguistically appropriate communications for their members.
- Research a variety of health- and wellness-related topics and distill the most relevant actions and recommendations.
- Develop content for a variety of channels including print, web, and mobile applications.
- Assist writing team with copy editing, reviewing and proofreading for grammatical correctness and compliance with style guides, design requirements and other client-prescribed guidance.
- 1 – 5 years experience.
- BA in Public Health, Health Science, English or Journalism.
- Ability to independently review print and Web materials.
- Familiarity with various style guides, such as the Government Printing Office Style Manual or the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Some experience developing health education materials.
- MPH or related public health masters degree.
- Familiar with federal plain language guidelines and best practices.
- Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills.
- Experience working with graphic designers and web developers.
- Experience with the process of user-centered design.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 2 writing samples, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25, 2018.