Title: Communication Associate (Social Media)
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in health communication. Your perfectionist’s eye for detail applies whether you’re coordinating schedules, crafting a social media post, or capturing meeting notes. You are comfortable holding all the pieces of a project and can follow-up on action items with colleagues to see tasks through to completion. In addition, you:
- Maintain strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills — and can perform writing assignments with little supervision.
- Demonstrate experience managing social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, and analyzing results.
- Are an effective verbal communicator, both in-person and by telephone.
- Have the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects with ease.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support for health communication, content development, website maintenance, and formative research projects. Tasks may include:
- Writing content for client and internal social media accounts
- Helping to maintain client and internal social media accounts, including scheduling, monitoring, and analyzing metrics
- Conducting Internet research and environmental scans
- Providing support for social media related research projects, such as scheduling research participants and taking notes
Coordinate day-to-day activities of projects. Tasks may include:
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams of writers, designers, researchers, and web developers
- Scheduling client and team meetings
- Drafting meeting agendas and taking meeting notes
- Maintaining project schedules and timelines
Support internal CH work. Tasks may include:
- Onsite administrative tasks
- Interfacing professionally with high-level clients
- Picture Public Health marketing and outreach
- LinkedIn marketing and outreach
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communication, public health, English, or the social sciences.
- You have at least 1-2 years of professional experience.
- You have at least 1-2 years of experience managing and writing for a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- You have experience with project coordination, including the development and control of schedules and timelines.
- You have experience in office administration in a busy environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
- You have experience with health communication and/or formative research projects.
- You have experience in website content maintenance including content management systems such as Drupal and basic HTML.
- You are familiar with Mac operating system and software.
- You have demonstrated familiarity with health literacy principles.
- You have experience regularly analyzing social media management and analytic tools.
- You have experience with regularly analyzing social media metrics to inform social media strategy.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25, 2018.