Title: Complaint Unit Intake Surveyor
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is seeking a qualified individual dedicated to public health, quality of life and safety to conduct complaint inspections within Massachusetts nursing homes and other health care facilities, and review inspection findings.
This person will play a vital role ensuring our nursing homes and other health care facilities comply with all state and federal regulations. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a health care setting and an understanding of regulations and policies that apply to nursing homes and other health care facilities in Massachusetts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts initial desk review of all complaints and serious incidents received primarily in writing and by telephone regarding quality of care, quality of life and patient abuse, neglect and misappropriation.
- Obtains additional information from licensed and certified health care providers to determine more about allegations and facility reported incidents submitted to the Complaint Unit.
- Interacts directly with patients, residents and staff of licensed and certified health care facilities, with particular emphasis on nursing homes and their residents.
- Shares responsibility for gathering relevant information on all reports filed, and making recommendations for resolution or future action as needed.
- Uses existing knowledge of health care systems, especially nursing homes, to promote better quality of care and quality of life for all Massachusetts health care consumers.
- Assists in performing on site surveys as necessary
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration.
- Knowledge of the factors, trends and problems in providing health care services to client groups such as infants, the aged and the infirmed.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations related to hospitals and nursing homes.
- Social worker, dietician, occupational, physical, or speech therapist, with a current
- Massachusetts license and with a minimum of 3-5 years working in a healthcare facility preferably nursing homes.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of heath care data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.