Title: Complaint Unit Surveyor
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is seeking a qualified individual dedicated to public health, quality of life and safety to conduct complaint inspections within Massachusetts nursing homes and other health care facilities, and review inspection findings.
This person will play a vital role ensuring our nursing homes and other health care facilities comply with all state and federal regulations. The ideal candidate will have a current and valid registration as a registered nurse under the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing; have experience working in a health care setting; and an understanding of regulations and policies that apply to nursing homes and other health care facilities in Massachusetts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts complaint investigations and surveys of health care facilities and services to determine if services provided to patients, clients, and residents, are in compliance with regulations for certification, state licensure, and state and federal laws.
- Documents findings in investigation reports by identifying evidence gathered to support final determination and documents deficient practice in a statement of deficiencies.
- Evaluates effectiveness of services in health care facilities, including infection prevention practices, and applies findings to the planning and development of future programs for such facilities and services.
- Participates in the development of methods for evaluating health care services and related programs.
- Assists in reviewing and prioritizing complaints to ensure immediate action in situations where patient health and safety is involved.
- Provides consultation, guidance and training to health care facilities, health care professionals and other staff involved in patient care.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration.
- Knowledge of the factors, trends and problems in providing health care services to client groups such as infants, the aged and the infirmed.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations related to hospitals and nursing homes.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a healthcare facility, preferably nursing homes.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of heath care data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of nursing.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of medical data, to draw conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.