Title: Metro West Region Licensing Inspector
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is seeking a self-motivated professional to provide regulatory oversight and expertise to licensees in the region. This individual will evaluate service delivery and administration of assigned licensees/applicants by reviewing submissions for licensure, conducting site visits, drafting reports, and assessing for completion of licensure and compliance with state and federal regulations.
The Licensing Inspector plays a critical role in fulfilling the mission of DPH by conducting proactive reviews of licensed health care programs, services and facilities as a measure to help detect and deter any deficiencies. Working under, and in collaboration with, the Bureau of Substance Addiction Services (BSAS), this position will be required to travel throughout the Metro West Region as well as may be required to provide coverage throughout other regions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses and evaluates service delivery and administration of assigned licensees (applicants) by reviewing applications, conducting on-site inspections, interviewing management and staff, and reviewing documentation to determine compliance with state/federal regulations.
- Tracks and monitors all licensing inquiries and other communications in the agency’s e-licensing database.
- Documents regulatory/policy non-compliance of licensees according to BSAS procedures and standards in order to communicate necessary corrective action to the Program Director.
- Provides technical assistance to licensees by recommending appropriate measures to facilitate development of a corrective action plan, BSAS standards of care and best practices.
- Conducts program investigations in response to Department or consumer concerns; examine program records and physical site conditions.
- Reviews administrative and clinical procedures to determine licensees’ level of compliance with all regulatory/policy standards.
- Collaborates on special projects or task forces within the Department by providing assistance and support to promote the ongoing mission of the DPH and BSAS.
- Executes technical reviews of vendor proposal applications and provide recommendations for funding consideration.
- Represents BSAS and other DPH review committees and workgroups; provides subject matter expertise on substance abuse treatment services.
- Performs other duties (such as but not limited to) reviewing relevant proposals, attending trainings, meeting, generating summary reports.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree with five (5) years of work experience in public health or a relevant field;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration including terminology and standard abbreviations uses of equipment and materials used in a substance abuse treatment facility.
- Familiarity with the laws, rules, and regulations governing health care facility licensure.
- Ability to be a subject matter expert and to encourage timely compliance with facility management.
- Capacity to work efficiently and effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including general report writing with demonstrated ability to distill and translate complex concepts into actionable information.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing health care facility operations.
- Competence in resolving problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner; exercising discretion in handling confidential information.
- Proficient usage of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.